• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1700$ in dammage.....almost fixed

rbeebe

CEG'er
Well things have finally rolled on here in Oak harbor and i have the Tour in the shop and am all finished except for one small issue :/ Everything is replaced except for the drivers side ( having huge brain fart.......) ....molding thing that runs on the bottom of the car. The big problem is that Apperantly ford No longer makes these parts and there are none to be had to replace my broken one..... So i need to help the body guy find one, and i figured this is my best resource.

P.S. IM Retarded some times....naturally as soon as i clicked submit i realized that they are called side skirts.....

Last edited:
Ahhhh Side skirts! i need man could you hook me up too dude or point me in the right direction of someone that could? pls

Replied.

Sam, side skirts come up from time to time in the classifieds. Look for folks parting out entire cars...often they have extra stuff. It looks like the only extra I have is sold.

Ya thanks man, that was awesome of you to provide the sideskirt.

Now im facing another delema. I dont know if george will let me get my car from him untill the place pays him for his work. (which is understandable) The place has had over 2 months to pay George and they havent done it. I hvae been calling them for over a month leaving messages and what not and nothing from them... Now i have talked to the middleman between the company and me and they are saying that they have never run into this problem before, and that i might have to file a class action suit against them for the money.......ppppffffffffff......man what a nightmare this has turned out to be. If i have to take this guy to cort i sure hope it is worth my time....

Hmmm, sounds like typical local Oak Harbor business screwing with the military again. Happens all the time, unfortunately. I think I can help you with the lawyer bit...might be able to speed this up. Let me make some calls.

George(the local oak harbor guy) isnt really the problem. The Problem is the #$%$ #$%$^%$ that have not returned my phone calls and that haven't paid george yet.
I definitely appreciate your help though. I am in completely foreign waters here. Never done any kind of legal action before.
Thanks man

Ya, I know it's not George. It's definitely whoever is supposed to pay him. I assume it's the shipping company or the insurer of the shipping company. Have all of the information you have handy. I'll be getting back to you soon.

It sounds like he's gonna talk with connections he has to lawyers through the navy base. If they can't get this done, I'll do a letter or two and some calls for him to help speed it up.

Back