• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1700$ in dammage

rbeebe

CEG'er
So i had my car shipped from pensacola florida to here hoping to save some miles and dammage to the car........well the shipping company screwed me over there. I got here to recieve the car here in Oak Harbor to find that my front wheels were rubbing on something, my wind deflector for my sunroof was cracked, and my power antenna was for some reason bent totally over. I knew the problem with the later 2 but not too sure about the rubbing noise. So i took it to the ford dealership and they forwarded me to the local body shop. He showed me through a little inspection that my front bumper took a pretty hard hit. It broke all 4 brackets on my headlights, the bracket that holds my headlights was broken and they actually broke the side skirt on the drivers side in half. oh ya and the front bumper has to be repainted and surfaced:rolleyes:. So the estimate is for 1700 bucks. Supposedly they are sending out an adjustor to see all the dammage this week. :nonono:

Can you say lawsuit? It's worth it to take it to these guys hard, man, so do it. I'm not one to promote taking advantage of all the litigation crap in America, but that's just BS.

you should have seen how my engine came from a crating company, it came on a pallet about to fall apart tied together with a cut up seat belt. Not to mention it was just totally exposed to the elements.

ya if their insurance adjustor tries to tell me that the dammage was not caused by the shiping company then i might just have to take them to some small claims court or something. I actually went through a company to schedule the move that selects a shipper for me, and they are being very helpfull and told me that their deductable is 2500$. so im hoping that they will not give me any troubles.

the latest is.....were days away from finishing the paperwork on his side. I talked to them today and he said if i dont have the paperwork from the driver by friday give him (the owner of the company) a call again. They are going to prepay the body shop and ill just take it to the body shop from what i understand...thats the latest

Ya im going to a body shop off of sleeper rd. there between deception pass and OH. I think it is georges...or Genes...something like that, should be taking it there early in the week. He said its about three days of work. I am excited to get my new headlights, it will be quite the difference im sure.

Thats cool I've never heard anything terrible about them, now that I think about it. That might be the place my dad had the new tailgate on his truck painted at if it was then they do really good job.

Ya it is called Georges body shop or something like that....its on sleeper...leme look.. Ya its georges collision and custom....why?

Im retarded and didnt go to the last page here to read what was last......i know...i know

Back