• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official SPOTTED! Thread

Didn't see the car very well as we headed up the long curve of Admiral Way in West Seattle tonight, but the deep throaty roar of this Contour's engine was spectacular! Maybe a 3.0 liter SVT with other mods, and I seemed to see a flash of white wheels. We stopped at the light, me in my little blue Mystique, and had a very quick exchange (smiles and admiration) before the light turned green. Nice to see a Contour in such great condition! Maybe a fellow CEG'er.

Similar to sighting above... in Seattle, on 50th headed east from the U District, just beginning to cross over I-5, again in my little blue Mystique. and I hear this nice roar from a nearby car. The car passes me and it's a black SVT, sounding just like the one I mentioned above. I am near to pulling up beside it but it gets into my lane, and we stop at a light; then we're both behind a big truck and he manages to scoot around the truck and speeds away. Someone has a very nice SVT in Seattle! Black. License begins with "A".

I've seen a silver frost parked down in Tukwila.. and a black one driving on I5... Down to meet up with sVT peeps.. NW Meet anyone?

Spotted last Saturday between Kent WA, I-5 and SE Portland, a green 98 Mystique 2.5L, Washington plates maybe changing into Oregon plates, two young fellas taking turns driving it. Belong to anybody here?

I was over at Best Buy in Cascade station and I always see a 98 silver SVT... She's in a little bit of a rough state but still a nice car. Anybody else see this care? Are you on contour.org? It has to be an employee of Best Buy as it is always parked in the same area and is there pretty much EVERY time I'm over there, and I'm over there a lot (I'm an I.T. guy after all, and even we have to hit Best Buy in an emergency).

SF EO in rough shape you say? Tell me more. I'm looking for one in particular that fits that general description. But the EO I'm looking for has a spoiler, E1 wheels and is missing side skirts... might be somewhere around Portland or even out around Newberg.

About 4:45 p.m. plus or minus, 7/13/14, leaving PIR's Historical Races after the rain and the last race (those two Datsun Z cars in front looked like they were serious about racing each other, didn't they? I missed catching them in the Festival Curves), SF CSVT with no trunk spoiler, stock svt wheels, I think that was an Oregon Crater Lake plate... you headed past on the drive behind the grandstands on the way past the pits and out before I could flag you... Anyone here?

With the Cascade Sports Car Club at PIR for the Historical Races, I was looking around a little bit for either a black csvt with antennae or maybe a blue fsvt. Since the SF csvt I spotted had I thought Oregon plates, I figured that was not jbalch, doesn't he live around Battleground? And since Cassandra has a Quaife and a lead-footed driver, maybe after the heads are replaced, some owner's past habits will lead him to see what kind of time an old non-svt would do on that slippery PIR drags starting line. Also saw a near mint tropic green csvt last night, then I recognized Aussie Ford's plates.

I have know a guy with a red one in eatonville, there is also a green one in eatonville, and I saw another red and a silver in Graham/spanaway area

Spotted near Wilsonville and Tualatin... medium blue 95 GL zetec 5 spd with E0 rims and svt brakes... looked just like Bill/contours r us/mondeoman's ride... gee, it's parked in my complex near my apartment. Thank you Bill. It sure handles nicely.

Back