• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official SPOTTED! Thread

Who owns the tropic green CSVT that was parked in the lot of Movie Madness at SE 43rd and Belmont last night?

And someone listed sn SVT for sale in Beaverton on CL for like $1200, and a dealer is listing a 97 SE V6 5 spd for $950 locally. Tempting, but out of the range of what I can afford to pay, yet I do need something that runs while my clutch is gone.

ahaha. i don't think I'd give you much of a challenge unless you've got an NA 850. Too many turbo models in Volvos model line now.

Naa, it's a Turbo. I do want to see how I'd handle up against an SVT. I've only been in Sam's once or twice. I think it wouldn't be that bad of a match, you have close to the same HP I do.

Blk SVT

Blk SVT

Oh wow, I think I saw you a couple of weeks ago in Damascus. Do you have an aftermarket hood? I was in the green convertable Mercury Capri and gave you a thumbs-up when you passed me. :) Either way, welcome to CEG!

Marty

I work in Sandy, so I'm on that road all the time but am usually driving the 99 Contour LX un less it's nice out. just got a facial to the front. call if you want 503.866.6017

Svt-Zilla

Eastbound 164th St heading toward Mill Creek (north of Bothell): Tropic Green SVT (I was in the T-red SVT heading west up the hill.)

Southbound 405: T-red SVT with no spoiler, driver looked like nice looking young woman with a colored bandana. (I was in the Tropic Green Ranger.)

Saturday, 11/16: Silver Frost SVT with black wheels in Bothell on Filbert Road. Young guy returned my thumb's up and smiled when he realized mine was an SVT too.

Spotted a T-Red SVT today on I-5 Northbound just south of Albany around noon. Oregon Trail plates. I followed along for a while, but the two gentlemen in the car probably got tired of smelling french fries :crazy: (I was driving my Mercedes)

spotted a t green twice over the weekend both different and all within a mile of my house on commercial street in salem ! its weird how there is so many svt contours in salem but im the only on thats a member on here i think there is 3 greens 1 red 5 silver and 1 black witch is mine and along with 2 of the 5 silvers lol im sure there is more then what i have seen

Commercial Street in Salem?

Maybe those green svts were all Aussie Ford dropping by Don Malarkey's house.

Last saturday 2/5 I was at the pick-n-pull in Vancouver and met a fella while scrounging through the tours & stiques. He was getting a fender and bumper cover for his 98 duel fuel red/MB Tour. I was just walking by when he looks up and asked if I knew what size bolts held the fender on. Of course we all know they are 10mm right, except those 8mm where the bumper meets the fender, you know those ones that can be a real pain gett'n to and gett'n out. I've had one of those just plain not give at all with a breaker bar on them, then the nut started to spin, I never did get that one apart. WE chatted a bit and I showed him the stique dome light mod and helped him grab one. He was so excited about that he said "I'm doing that TODAY". He is just moving here from Utah and was also looking for a supply for NG. I directed him to my buddy that does NG fueling station installs, and of course invited him to join us. Can you believe no one had ever told him Tours and Stiques were the same car. He had not heard of CEG but liked the car well enough to have had a stealership rebuild the engine ($6k) and the transmission ($4.5k) now he swares to keep it till he gets his moneysworth out of it..... LOL that will be a while ...... ;)

Yesterday 2/9 I saw a T-red/tan 99 SVT in the parking structure at World Trade Center and left a card on it giving them the invite. I haven't seen that one there before.

AF

Hey guys,

Saw a really nice CSVT today in Lethbridge Alberta. It turned from 5th ave north and went north down 23ed at about 10:15pm tonight.

It was laser red? (I'm not sure if they share the same colors as us Cougars).

From what I saw it was in really great shape an super clean. Just wondering if it's anyone on here!

Sometimes one just has to post a pic of a classic
08-06-11_1307..jpg
One does not see this mod often so I had to post it in the event someone needed the info. A good followup would be to add heat to it....... I'm thinking flame thrower.... :laugh:

08-12-11_1958..jpg
08-12-11_2002..jpg
Nice look'n Tour there and what's that other thing in the pic anyway

08-12-11_1835..jpg
A Ford classic for sure notice it is on a trailer and needs to be drug around.

08-12-11_1942..jpg
I wonder if one can do fins on a Tour???

Back