• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1998 SVT Contour with 40k miles

Wow! I think we all want that car. I know mine is getting up there in the mileage. I'll have to convert it to beast status when the engine blows.

7500... yeah right. Like 4 years ago i paid 9700ish for a 99 with that many miles.

I've kind of been thinking about getting one again to play with.

In Portland's craigslist classifieds, there's a CSVT that might be Shaun G's car: SF w/ pre-98 trunk lid, giant front brakes, suspension upgrades.

I'm still doing VIN checks if anyone wants to check one of these out...or any car for that matter. PM me the VIN and your email so I can forward it to you.

If that is Shaun's old car is has humongosized Wilwood brakes on the front. IIRC his car was the test / prototype for that system. I drove it and it stopped SO fast, it was really disorienting.

PDXSVT- I saw the car & thought/wondered the same thing. The seller listed all of the mods that Shaun G had on his car. I think the wheels look pretty good on that car too.

-Aaron

I didn't know dark grey leather was an option. Could it be Midnight Blue?

Yeah, the dude put the wrong color in the listing. The pictures show a Midnight Blue interior.

We should e-mail the people selling these cars and make sure the buyers get on CEG.

That's an upgrade? :p

Well, yeah! And now you've got two to choose from! :laugh:

Marty

Last edited:
I don't know if I want to take a loan out for a CSVT. I'd like to find one with a blown engine/trans instead since I'll be redoing most of the drivetrain anyway.

So if anyone knows/sees a Black 98 w/ a bad engine/trans let me know. Then I just have to stop modding my WRX long enough to buy it :) Helllooooo standalone ECU.

Back