• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for help

ok, cool. And YES always replace the fuel filter when doing a pump. Most places require it to keep a warranty on the pump, plus it just makes the job more complete.
Typically, I agree with this. The only time I kept the original filter in place was when I changed the fuel pump on my dad's 2000 Saturn SL2. The cheapest filter I could find was a Fram, and was listed for about $80, and almost every parts store had to special order it.

Yea, I think Sunday would probably be a little easier. Morning some time work for you? Do you have any tools or will you need me to bring mine?

Morning works. I have full socket sets for anything you'd need. I'm not sure about the condition of the snips I have (sharpness). I also don't have the in tank bracket removal tool.

alright, sounds good. Have you checked out the new pump yet? Does it look smooth around the bottom or does it look to have slots around the bottom of it like the original OEM? I guess there is always that possibility that you could have gotten a OEM that wasn't redesigned.

Back