My little snow thrower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My little snow thrower.

So we got about 5" of snow today. Weatherman said a trace to 2".

It gave me a chance to use my recent project though. It worked pretty damn well. Much easier than fighting with a walk behind.

'09 Tuxedo Black Fusion SE V6
    Steeda strut brace, Steeda 22mm rear sway bar, Steeda intake, Magnaflow cat-back, H&R springs, Liquid Metal Wires, Hella Supertones, Billet Grille, and 6k HID's.

Planning on buying the Xcal from Steeda with their tune.

Very nice - anything that makes the job easier!
    Aaron

'98 SE 2.0L
    '99 SVT #0933 of 2760
    '99 SVT #1530 of 2760
    -SVT CONTOUR-

Comment

I want one!
      00 Silver Frost SVTC #1429/2150: Born 10 Jan, 2000
      3.0L, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, LSD, Koni Sport Kit +more

Comment

Just look for any antique tractor and source the blower for it. I lucked out, $350 bought both.
        Steeda strut brace, Steeda 22mm rear sway bar, Steeda intake, Magnaflow cat-back, H&R springs, Liquid Metal Wires, Hella Supertones, Billet Grille, and 6k HID's.

Comment

Thats nuts! Does the blower have to go with it or are they pretty universal? I found a couple of interesting ads after seeing your post, but I know nothing about it. I'm from warmer climes and all this snow stuff is new to me.
          http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-...AdIdZ548186657
          http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et...AdIdZ546134805

and

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-...AdIdZ546290086

I assumed that these things all needed work cause they were cheap compared to a walk behind at 6-800 bucks. Is this the normal kind of pricing?

Comment

Well you need to be aware of exactly what you're buying. All three of mine needed some work, some more than others. The one I posted worked for the most part when I picked it up. I just went through and fixed worn items though. If you're mechanically inclined, it's relatively easy to work on these things.

The second link you posted is actually a large machine compared to your typical old garden tractors. The Ford 140 in the first link is more the size you'll want.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to answer your first question. They're model specific. Except in the case of some. Like a Ford 140 is actually a Jaconbsen or Minneapolise Moline. My gold one is a Montgomery Ward which is in all sense just a Gilson.

Comment

Thanks for the info - This is something I might have to get into - have to get the motor back in my car first though or the wife will kill me ;)

Comment

No problem!

Not to be a dick, but I picked this up last night just because. I told myself I needed a plow too. What ever helps me sleep at night, right?

Comment

Working...
                  X