• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Carlisle

Since I haven't really thought about it or made any plans to go I don't think I'll be making it down this year. Actually now that I think about it I will have to be at my parents that weekend.

I'm registered and ready to show. Shanes98CSVT will be there as well. I'm sure TUFTOUR will show up as he always does, and Aaron88 will be there as far as I know.

We need someone to register to be in building Y to support 20 years of SVT. There isn't a single Contour in their display.

Usually the building displays are enrolled by April. That allows event organizers to get photos printed into the show program booklet.

correct, but I was talking to an organizer, and they'd like to get someone setup before thrusday.

Aaron ... calling Aaron ... come in please !

You've got a couple beautiful CSVTs - see if you can get into that display . I know , then you won't be up in the field , but someone needs to show what a great-looking car the CSVT was straight out of the box !

Aaron ... calling Aaron ... come in please !

You've got a couple beautiful CSVTs - see if you can get into that display . I know , then you won't be up in the field , but someone needs to show what a great-looking car the CSVT was straight out of the box !

I definetly considered it, the only problem is that the car needs to be there by Thurs & not leave until Sun afternoon. That means bringing two cars down, the added expense of gas, an additional night stay in a hotel, etc. The logistics are tough to pull off, especially being 1+ hours away from the fairgrounds.

If I was allowed to take the car out each day it would be a little easier to manage, but I completely understand why they won't let you.

I definetly considered it, the only problem is that the car needs to be there by Thurs & not leave until Sun afternoon. That means bringing two cars down, the added expense of gas, an additional night stay in a hotel, etc. The logistics are tough to pull off, especially being 1+ hours away from the fairgrounds.

If I was allowed to take the car out each day it would be a little easier to manage, but I completely understand why they won't let you.

Same exact reason why I didnt submit any of my SVTs for the special display.

Was fun, thank you all for coming.

I know I said it last year but i'm not entering going forward. Not worth the 100% to show up for so few people, so many mustangs, no parts for our cars. Was a fun run but its got to end sometime.

I'm surprised you went. After the "turn of events" a few years back attendance sharply dropped.
Well, if you want to have a get together you can always plan a meet.... ;)

I don't know what she means. Recession maybe?
The show field was packed. The number of vendors is down. I heard something about PA pushing them to collect sales tax.

Hi Lars!
I was speaking of only the number of Contours in attendance.
Mark, there were some issues previously with Carlisle Events and our group as well as some issues within our group. Due to the issues, many members stopped attending. It stopped becoming as "fun" as it used to be, for a few reasons, and the numbers in attendance dropped dramatically from there.

Marie & I walked around the swap meet a couple times (ME , mostly ;) ) looking for '49 Ford parts & made the trek up to the showfield to look for the Contours . It was great seeing the Contours sitting in the showfield & talking to the CEG'ers I ran into . It made me feel a bit nostalgic , and made Marie hungry for grapes , lol (thanks , BTW) !!

Back