• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hurricane Sandy

RTGT

CEG'er
I hope everyone stays safe as the storm comes ashore. We are getting alot of wind here in NC but nothing compared to what you will see. The Weather channel is forecast lots of flooding rain and wind, with millions without power. Stay safe.

Yea and I live in the foothills and there is suppose to be another big storm coming across the mountains when sandy come.....everybody stay safe.

I know you guys in this area aren't worried about checking in, but if any of you need a place to stay and can drive to wisconsin, pm me. I have more than enough room. Not only the storm but people fighting for food, water, gas, and a place to stay will be bad.

My wife and I lived through this mess last year. This year should be as bad for us, but i know other places are going to be getting slammed. Best of luck to all of you, and be sure to park your cars as high on the hill as possible. :(

Some pretty strong wind in Morris county. It knocked a tree down at my girlfriend's house this morning!

34hjf3n.jpg

Got a little water in my basement sofar. Nothing a bucket and some old down spout cant fix though as its coming in the chimney somewhere and dripping out the flu bottom. Its been raining steady all day now and the major rain and wind is just about here supposedly. Hopefully nothing more than a little damp carpet. Luckily thats all we got last year with half clogged gutters. This time the gutters are all clear. Gonna stay up a while and drink some adult beverages and keep an eye on things.

We got nothing up here. It was a little breezy, nothing worse than usual, and maybe a 1/10" rain. Irene was a lot worse.

The wind was howling and we had a lot of hard rain throughout the afternoon through morning. On and off showers still now.
There are a lot of closed roads in town, school out for two days in a row, and they postponed Halloween to the weekend.

Otherwise, I had no issues - house is fine, didn't lose power, although half the town did. It's pretty impressive that we were impacted, being 300+ miles away.

I'm glad to hear everyone is fine!
We are in FL and stuck here an extra day due to the weather. I understand we had some tree branches down and lost power in my neighborhood last night around 8 pm. Power is still out as are the phones.
I heard houses lost roofs, there was a house fire and many, many trees were uprooted.
Nasty storm!

I'm glad to hear everyone is fine!
We are in FL and stuck here an extra day due to the weather. I understand we had some tree branches down and lost power in my neighborhood last night around 8 pm. Power is still out as are the phones.
I heard houses lost roofs, there was a house fire and many, many trees were uprooted.
Nasty storm!

Hopefully there isnt any damage to your home! Best of luck to you when you get home!

My house only got the smallest bit of water along 2 of the walls in the basement. Never lost power, and didnt have any problems with any of the trees in the area. We got pretty lucky.

I live near the sckuylkill in the manayunk area and as far as i can tell nothing really major happened here but i was literally stuck at work being essential staff and then a tree falling down taking out the power and the only road out of there until 9 pm tonight. I have heard of some really unfortunate things happening last night both as a direct result of the storm its self or freak things happening so i am glad to hear everyone is still safe with minimal damage.

We lost power around 9:30 last night and didnt come back on until 10:30 this morning. My neighbors werent so lucky. A big tree fell behind the house and took out their power line. MetEd fixed it about 20 Minutes ago. Other that the normal small branches, that was really about it. All is well in my neck of the woods. Hope everyone else in the northeast is doing well!

I wasn't thinking that it would be to bad where I am because of the track of the storm. I was partly correct. There was alot of wind but not to much rain. Watched many trees bend further then I thought that they would. Power went out briefly once during the storm. However it went out yesterday around 4 pm, well after the storm. I hope it was just to reconnect power somewhere else but its been out ever since.

The shoreline is another story. Major flooding and damage.

Power just came back on. It's really bad here. Most of my neighborhood is completely destroyed. 2 kids missing, swept away by the water. 5 others dead. People being air lifted from their houses. Boats and cars are inside houses. Most of the Island still has no power. The water line in the bad areas is over my head. Came 20 feet from losing the GTO....at least I think it's ok. Not sure. My Sister and BIL lost both their cars.

Still no power. I haven't seen one line crew. However some of the town does have power again. But I have no idea how CL&P is figuring out how and where to work. I do believe it would only be three or 4 trees to remove from lines in my area and a whole neighborhood would be back online.

I want to come out there and help people I know. There are about 3 boomboxery.com members that I know of in that area and a bunch of you guys too. I'm thinking bring fuel, food, and water to those people.

Anyone else heading out that way, maybe car pool and split some travel costs? I'll drive.

Back