• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Craigslist Find

It looks pretty beat. Maybe if someone talked them down on the price... I paid just a tad more than that for mine, and it was in MUCH better condition with 121k on the clock. This one has 185k. The rims appear to be the stock SVT E1 wheels, painted black. You can see that the JP covers are missing so you'd need those right off the bat. It's missing both on the side you can see, so it's a safe bet to say it's missing all four. Like everyone said, the engine bay seems pretty neglected.

I'm just saying, but you might just go look at it and it'll be a diamond in the rough. Never know until someone goes and looks.

It looks pretty beat. Maybe if someone talked them down on the price... I paid just a tad more than that for mine, and it was in MUCH better condition with 121k on the clock. This one has 185k. The rims appear to be the stock SVT E1 wheels, painted black. You can see that the JP covers are missing so you'd need those right off the bat. It's missing both on the side you can see, so it's a safe bet to say it's missing all four. Like everyone said, the engine bay seems pretty neglected.

I'm just saying, but you might just go look at it and it'll be a diamond in the rough. Never know until someone goes and looks.

not to be a douche or anything but i sent this guy a text...we texted each other back and forth, i asked him a bunch of questions and every answer he had was friggin' ridiculous he offered to give me the car for $1,300, and swore up and down that the car had 225hp at the wheels, even tho he also stated it was BONE STOCK. i asked him if it had a production number(as if i didn't know) and he said it was in the car. haha there was a thread on this BS earlier. wtf! i didn't bother to tell him i have a bit of knowledge on these cars. he was trying to BS me the whole way thru. this guy is full of shiz. i'm not going to waste my time, just a warning.

not to be a douche or anything but i sent this guy a text...we texted each other back and forth, i asked him a bunch of questions and every answer he had was friggin' ridiculous he offered to give me the car for $1,300, and swore up and down that the car had 225hp at the wheels, even tho he also stated it was BONE STOCK. i asked him if it had a production number(as if i didn't know) and he said it was in the car. haha there was a thread on this BS earlier. wtf! i didn't bother to tell him i have a bit of knowledge on these cars. he was trying to BS me the whole way thru. this guy is full of shiz. i'm not going to waste my time, just a warning.

Ah yes, it's a typical FlakesList flake... Lots of people selling on there are. Glad you didn't waste your time if the guy's a douche. I was just saying, at that price if the person selling it wasn't an idiot (which he apparently is) it might have been worth looking in to.

Oh well :D

I went and looked at those... Two were rammed onto honda hubs and are no longer hub-centric... They might be ok but the center caps are now useless and two wheels useless.

Back