• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Its gonna be coming together!

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
So im working on getting alot of stuff for my se tour.
I bought mesh, ford emblem, pre 98 sail panels and im about to buy SE side skirts.

Im also in the process of getting an exhaust!
Still thinking on the best way to go about that..shipping it and getting it welded is alot of work.

I will put the mesh on after i fix my front grille..silver is faded in a small part of it...may wait and paint it t-red..(should i? Hmm)

skirts wont get put on until after the holidays..my dads friend said he can help me out..he does alot of car painting and waxing so i will prob go there to get my car exterior fixed up, make an all day trip out of it.

Only thing after that i have to look into are my front struts. I honestly dont know what is wrong with them but they crank all the time..think i need new ones?

My passenger window is also bad but thats no biggie probably a bad switch.

What do yous think?!
Should come together pretty good..im really excited.

After this stuff i need to worry about paying my bills for my summer shore house..gotta love summer after your senior year in hs :)

Struts are pretty easy to change, provided you have/can get a set of spring compressors. Air tools help, but not always needed. Once the how-to's are back up, read em over. Installing a BAT kit was my first mod, before I registered here.

You'll have it looking the way you want before you know it. That crank :shrug: noise in the struts may actually be the sway bar links or bushings

Struts are pretty easy to change, provided you have/can get a set of spring compressors. Air tools help, but not always needed. Once the how-to's are back up, read em over. Installing a BAT kit was my first mod, before I registered here.

Yeah idk how to figure out if i need new ones..how much do those BAT kits normally go for?
I need new struts maybe i can lower the car too.

You'll have it looking the way you want before you know it. That crank :shrug: noise in the struts may actually be the sway bar links or bushings

How can i tell?

Make sure it comes w/ all you need. If you lower car, you should not use stock struts, as they are not designed for lowered springs and will not last long.

the pre98 sail panels are on and so is the ford emblym..i got the mesh too just waiting to install it.

might need a new oval.

SVT brakes! Very cheap and worthwhile mod... Pick up a set of E1 (98.5) and newer caliper brackets and pads/rotors of your choice and you're good to go...

SVT brakes! Very cheap and worthwhile mod... Pick up a set of E1 (98.5) and newer caliper brackets and pads/rotors of your choice and you're good to go...
all my breaks are brand new...got them replaced a few months back.
already painted calipers too.

they're just painted black tho...didnt think red would go good.

all my breaks are brand new...got them replaced a few months back.
already painted calipers too.

they're just painted black tho...didnt think red would go good.

Next time send the calipers and brackets to myself or Joe to have them Powder Coated. The Paint won't last very long.

Back