• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Called Advance Auto for a gasket...

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Got off the phone with one of the stores about 20 minutes ago, I asked them to describe the appearence a water pump gasket for a 1999 Tacoma with a 2.7L. I suggest you all try this, it's hillarious.

1257646384.jpg

Last edited:
Thats pretty funny. I work seasonal part time at advance and have never ran across that. Deff would have to laugh if it happened out of the blue.

Haha, next time you call, if it's the Dunmore store, there's a girl there by the name of Brittany, she's a real winner.

I called to transfer an item from her store to mine, simple process, I call and give you part # and how many I need, you go, grab them if you have them, then tell me you have it, write it on a piece of paper so a manager can do it later, and that's all.

She took 20 MINUTES (not a hyperbole) to find an air filter for which I GAVE her the number, they are on the wall and numerically ordered. Did she stop to get something to eat on the way back? Was it really THAT hard to find an air filter?

Or how about recently I call her about brake pads ("break" pads for most of you) and she still took 15 minutes.

BTW, brake pads are in aisles literally right behind where you stand, all you really have to do is turn around and grab them.

I've run into that (and the pump) at our store once or twice. The guys I work with know what application I'm talking about when I ask them to grap me a penis pump for a customer.

Screwing with the store for fun. I told them I needed a water pump gasket for my '99 Tacoma with the 2.7L. After the long pause I told them to explain what it looked like so I knew it was the right one.

(No, I don't really have a Toy Taco)

Screwing with the store for fun. I told them I needed a water pump gasket for my '99 Tacoma with the 2.7L. After the long pause I told them to explain what it looked like so I knew it was the right one.

(No, I don't really have a Toy Taco)

And the response was...

Back