• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

FINALLLLLLLLLLY installing today!

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
img1102140524_50hxfv.jpg

img1102140544_7tnzg1.jpg

WOO!
well heatshield is all together..just have to grind the corners down alittle and cut the screws. the back hole will be real easy. I might paint it all black.

What do yous think?

wants to see pics of it installed:) also black will absorb heat

can't say that I've ever painted galvanized that I recall, but I would hit with a degreaser (brake cleaner) prime then paint for optimum results

so where does the intake filter pass through the heatshield since the shield needs to be between the engine and the airfilter ?

I know its hard to see in the photo but the heatshield surrounds the airfilter so its issolated from the engine bay ....

picture.php

and not it isn't going to change the volume of the intake.

Last edited:
so where does the intake filter pass through the heatshield since the shield needs to be between the engine and the airfilter ?

I know its hard to see in the photo but the heatshield surrounds the airfilter so its issolated from the engine bay ....

picture.php

and not it isn't going to change the volume of the intake.

I know what it does man im not stupid....I said above i still have some stuff to do before i put it on...go back and read it.

Woah, chill out there marc, brapple's just trying to help you, and quite honestly your first post is confusing, as is the shape of the heatshield, I'm sure when it's on the car it will make more sense, but right now it does not resemble any heatshield I've ever seen for our cars, usually just looks like a rectangle with the top and leading edge (by fender) cut out.

Looks HUGE! I would have made mine out of aluminum flashing and riveted it together, but good effort none the less. Take some pics of it installed.

You guys got PMS today or something? ;) LOL! Yikes!

Yes, your post was confusing. Glad you cleared things up for us. :cool: Now, make your final adjustments and lets see more pictures.

I'll second what royalblue said, if you are going to paint it... hit it with brake cleaner, prime it and then paint it.

You guys got PMS today or something? ;) LOL! Yikes!

Yes, your post was confusing. Glad you cleared things up for us. :cool: Now, make your final adjustments and lets see more pictures.

I'll second what royalblue said, if you are going to paint it... hit it with brake cleaner, prime it and then paint it.

okay i'll post pictures when its finished...if anything ill take the pics tomorrow its getting dark soon.

Sounds like a plan. Good luck with the final prep work and install.

Looks good, can't wait.

At least when you're doing something simple with your car you don't break stuff and have to bum a ride to the junkyard tomorrow to fix it:blackeye:

Okay the heatshield got alittle messed up so im getting my neighbor to make me a brand new one at his work. Its gonna be stainless steel so i probably wont paint it.

Will post pictures tomm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back