• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Trying to keep up!

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
Okay its been way to long...i still go on here but dont post to much.

my cars still the way it was 2 months ago other than the new IMRC box/cable.

no heatshield yet :shrug:...no exhaust.

car still looks like crap.

needs a real good waxing and detail to get the stratches out.

Maybe ill eventually get around to it.

I may buy the piping and everyting else from nautilus for 100 and continue using my k&n filter.

how are you guys all doing?!

James..alex...glenn?

How about them phillies? :laugh:

I'm good, but busy, very bust. I'm slowly collecting parts for the motor so I have something to do next Spring since all of my classes are going to be gen-eds (stupid graduation requirements :mad:) and I know I'm going to be bored.

Glenn doesn't come on here anymore (well at least to post) but I'm still good friends with him.

Did you get the spoiler on yet?

Marc! Where have you been? Haven't heard anything from you since I called you from Arkansas.

I've been alright, moving my stash of car parts to my house because my mother and brother are moving to New Jersey.

I'm collecting parts for the SVT, which has been moved to Hobbie, PA and is being stored in a metal barn to keep her out of the elements. I have to get down there this week to install the rest of the pre-98 center console, a new driver side headlight, stock CD player, new tail light and have my buddy's dad weld on a new "funny panel" (as ZeroHour calls it).

Keep posting up!

Alex: The spoiler is installed on Marc's car already. We did it the day I went down with it. It definitely looks much better than his old one.

Marc, do you still have your stock reflector panel? I may need to buy it off youif you do!

Watch that tubing from Nautilus, it doesn't fit right. Unless he's made some modifications to that design, it's a PITA and doesn't fit right.

Marc! Where have you been? Haven't heard anything from you since I called you from Arkansas.

I've been alright, moving my stash of car parts to my house because my mother and brother are moving to New Jersey.

I'm collecting parts for the SVT, which has been moved to Hobbie, PA and is being stored in a metal barn to keep her out of the elements. I have to get down there this week to install the rest of the pre-98 center console, a new driver side headlight, stock CD player, new tail light and have my buddy's dad weld on a new "funny panel" (as ZeroHour calls it).

Keep posting up!

Alex: The spoiler is installed on Marc's car already. We did it the day I went down with it. It definitely looks much better than his old one.

Marc, do you still have your stock reflector panel? I may need to buy it off youif you do!

Yeah i have it ill just give you it next time i see you. Remind me its no problem.

Watch that tubing from Nautilus, it doesn't fit right. Unless he's made some modifications to that design, it's a PITA and doesn't fit right.

Ugh really..what do you think i should do? I still have my heatshield idk if i should just put that on.

Now that's something that I SHOULD be doing...

I should be doing that to my Mercury as well!

The SVT is taking a nap in a barn in Hobbie, PA. It is at a friend's house and it should be getting some welding and metal fabrication done some time soon. His dad owns a few race cars (not sure what kind, size, etc) and he has a load of equipment and tools so he will be giving me a hand in getting the car back in shape.

I need to get my new "funny panel" tacked on and I need to address the quarter panel and she should be almost done. A new trunk is needed :mad: and I need to align the fenders and grab a new hood :mad:.

I am in the process of acquiring half of a back seat to replace the torn one and SVT floor mats should be on the way. Once I get that stuff the interior will be complete, just needs to get a quick detail.

I keep seeing the same E0 Silver Frost SVT Contour every where I go! I saw him in Wilkes Barre just the other day. I need to get 2243 on the road so he has some competition!

Marc, when the car is done I will make sure to take a trip down so you can see it.

yeah my exterior looks soo bad with scratches and small dents.
i wanna fix them really bad.

deff looking forward to the car being finished!

yeah my exterior looks soo bad with scratches and small dents.
i wanna fix them really bad.

deff looking forward to the car being finished!

I have a few of those, mostly scratches though, not any dents I can think of. I need to repaint the rocker panels on both sides right behind the front wheels since all of the paint flaked off and I don't want it to rust. I also need to fix the clear in a few spots. I just remembered a buddy of mine just opened a body shop this year so I think I'm going to see if he'll give me a deal.

I'm going down today to put the SVT wheels back on the SVT and the steelies back on the Mystique for the winter. I don't want to screw up the SVT wheels during the winter. Maybe I'll bring the side skirts and take a few pictures.

Good idea. My SVT spent 4 years in the snow and salt at the new jersey shore and it ate some of the clear on the E1's.

I figured I'd do some simple searching, so I found a bunch of skirts that should fit.

Click.

Click.

Click.

Hahaha side skirts!
I really wish i had some stuff to do to my car..i wanna do a coldair intake mod , i want skirts to make my car look lower..i wanna see what tunes i can get too maybe add some horsepower.

My cats completly going to

why not keep this thread going....so i cleaned the interior up real good. found a free vacuum place so i took advantage.

the outside looks good. i cleaned it and hand washed my rims.
today i painted the IMRC cover gold. im probably going to cover the lettering and just repaint the whole thing black. i think all black and gold lettering will look okay.

i did the throttle hang fix today also.
finally found out the "moosing" problem.

i got a heatshield made from my neighbor but since my intake is weird it wont fit.
its so confusing.
i need the correct setup to make my intake better.
i thought i had the correct filter...?

maybe i can get help on detailing it or fixing the intake.
it needs some work.

Exhaust is coming soon enough...im not rushing into it. i just keep working and saving here and there. been saving for a summer shore house for this summer. My summer after my senior year in highschool (YES HIGHSCHOOL STILL...leave me alone). Ive been saving up for that.

Im getting an SVT exhaust and a used cat both under 100k...getting them for 150$ plus shipping.
probably going to be a birthday present. i also was talking to someone on here about SE skirts. they would need painting but im not going to let them get away...although he hasnt replied back about shipping costs in awhile. He says hes been busy working...so ill wait it out no rush on my part.

I really wish i could just have a group help one day.
Drive down somewhere and just have everyone teach me some things and fix some things up....maybe installed exhaust or skirts? (if i have them by then)

let me know what you guys think...sorry its alot im bored just thinking about how much work i need to do.

keep the faith even cars as sweet as blu fuz"s egplnt:drool: weren't built over night

keep the faith even cars as sweet as blu fuz"s egplnt:drool: weren't built over night

true, just sucks because im trying stuff that i dont have any idea about..websites cant teach you everything.

I also dont have alot of money so it sucks when i get something and use it and find out it was all a waste.

Back