• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

the Pearl has been fired upon

getsum111

Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late.
I was going up to see my daughter at college today, and stopped at the little store down the road to fill up. As I'm putting gas in the car, I hear a squeal of brakes, look up, and see a Maxima sliding sideways down the hill, right at me!!! I let go of the gas handle, jump back from my car, and cringe, just in time to see the Pearl move about 2 inches sideways to the accompaniment of a loud crash.:help:

I was shaking so bad, not sure if it was fear or anger. Probably anger, as the young kid was afraid to come out of his car for a few minutes. I didn't even want to look, knowing he hit the front end, and the scarcity of SVT front bumpers. But I did look, seeing this:
battledamage.jpg

Not horrible, but still....it's my car, and while it's not the nicest one around, it's still mine. Paint is gone on front clip, my headlight (Hightowered BTW) is broken, but fortunately no cracks in front clip. All in all, I was lucky, seeing as how the fool could have easily hit me as my car. The store has it all on security cameras, and his insurance will most likely cover it. Just scary, having someone hit you while you hold a gas hose. :shocked:

at least you get your bumper painted? and at least one new head light since yours were hazed pretty good last i saw

just think... at least you didnt have a mikro

anyways... sorry to hear. accidents are always a PITA

Could have been way worse for sure .Question is did you give him some pirate action:shrug::laugh:
pirate.jpg

Yeah, bumber will be repainted. Headlights will be clear, but have to hightower it again, which is always a chore. So eventually some good will come of this, I guess.

Not trying to be pessimistic, after all, 10 feet to his right, and I'd be dead right now. Just really shook up.

And yeah, a Mirko would be in 100 pieces right now if I'd had one.

Thanks for helpin' me think the glass is half full, you guys rock. :cool:

Last edited:
From what little good that comes of it, it is scary to think of what could have happend with a 10 foot shift. Glad to hear youre okay

Last edited:
Yeah dude, definitely have to look at the bright side after something like this.
I'm guessing wait until spring and have a nicer looking car for next summer?
Good luck with it.
-J

:cry:
I'm really glad you got out of the way.

How the hell fast was this kid going?

that does sound scary! sorry to hear...pumping gas in your car and someones about to hit you...whoa...pretty scary indeed...glad your ok tho man! good luck with everything.

Sounds like they need to do something about that intersection, it's apparently long overdue.

Make sure to have someone give the suspension (tie rods, control arms, etc.) a good once over since the car moved when it got hit. Ya never know if something got tweaked.

So when he finally got out, were you able to maintain composure or did you rip him a new one?

Good to hear you came out in one piece. Yikes!

Oh no! Im glad you're OK and it was just the bumper. It still sucks though...

Could have been a lot worse. Hope to see her all fixed up again soon!

Back