• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any interest in a CEG Jersey meet?

codypka

Veteran CEG'er
I was thinkin while its still nice out maybe we could get a meet together somewhere in central Jersey. I would recommend we meet up at Rutgers in New Brunswick. (of course i'm a little biased cause thats where i live). I know of at least myself and Amyn are in the immediate area. One positive for having it here would be that there is tons of bars around if anyone wanted to grab some beers. We could meet at the world famous "grease trucks" and get some fat sandwiches. if anyone has never eaten there, you have to try it at least once before you die.

I'm thinking maybe july 25th (saturday) or july 26th (sunday). Or recommend another day if those dont work. or if we need more time to get this together we can push it back another week or 2

What say you?

and of course any other Northeast CEG members from Penn, Del, NY are more than welcome to attend too if you feel like making the trip

there's a big show going on over at "over the border" and the sears parking lot over on rt 1 on the 19th. i'll be there with the goat.

I could make the meet!! but for if it won't be friday. I can do it saturday, but it has to be after 5pm, but for now sunday is better I;m always off sunday!! And I'm not to far from new brunswick.

I could make the meet!! but for if it won't be friday. I can do it saturday, but it has to be after 5pm, but for now sunday is better I;m always off sunday!! And I'm not to far from new brunswick.

i'm gonna take friday out and add in sunday cause i am stupid, i cant make it friday either

plus I work till 7 friday also!! And also mixtape in this area also, just wait till he chimes in also

plus I work till 7 friday also!! And also mixtape in this area also, just wait till he chimes in also

There's my cue :laugh:. I actually work in Edison so I know the area well. Sadly the CSVT is out of service at the moment. I hope to have her up and running by the meet. I'll keep you guys posted. Finally, one in NJ :cool:.

Edit: Sunday works fine for me too guys. I'll keep both days open

Last edited:
lol!! And what ever happed to that person the person from westfield, like 3 towns from me. he had a mazdaspeed 3, then traded it in or whatever to get a black SVT contour?

lol!! And what ever happed to that person the person from westfield, like 3 towns from me. he had a mazdaspeed 3, then traded it in or whatever to get a black SVT contour?

I remember reading that but I honestly can't pin a username to him :shrug:.

this is his user name MS3toSVTC. he posed in the who's who thread, he post is like on the 6 or 7th page!! And a few weeks ago I was driving around at night time in the SVT, and I see this chrysler sebring convertable, come on the side of me at the light, he had room down, and i had my window down, he asked if it was an SVT tour, so i said yeah, so he said he had 1, and it looked like he was heading of to the westfield area, it was a white young kid maybe in his 20's, maybe that was him

this is his user name MS3toSVTC. he posed in the who's who thread, he post is like on the 6 or 7th page!! And a few weeks ago I was driving around at night time in the SVT, and I see this chrysler sebring convertable, come on the side of me at the light, he had room down, and i had my window down, he asked if it was an SVT tour, so i said yeah, so he said he had 1, and it looked like he was heading of to the westfield area, it was a white young kid maybe in his 20's, maybe that was him

If it was him, that would mean he bought 3 cars this year?
The Mazda, CSVT, and now a Sebring :shocked:?
I don't blame him though, I had a 99 Sebring JXi and it rocked :laugh:!
Now if a convertible CSVT existed, we'd all be set :drool:.

so would sunday the 25th work for everyone?

Assuming it's fixed by then, sure. By the way, if you travel the NJ highways tonight, you might see a black csvt getting towed 60 miles if you're lucky :laugh:.

so would sunday the 25th work for everyone?

works for me!! just give us the address where u want use to meet, for the people that dont know where the place is like me

hope u realize saturday is the 25th lol? sunday is the 26th lmao!! so what day is it for sure?

Last edited:
works for me!! just give us the address where u want use to meet, for the people that dont know where the place is like me

hope u realize saturday is the 25th lol? sunday is the 26th lmao!! so what day is it for sure?

my bad. sunday the 26th was the date i was thinking

Im outta this one... Just found out my Alternator is Toast!

and since my wallet is toast as well, I dont think I have a chance to make it! :blackeye:

Im in Carteret all the time tho as well as my car so if ya got my number and just wanna see the car or help out when im working on it or just come and chill your more then welcome to! PM me if you want my number!

- amyn

Man, to think im going to be in NJ next week too!!! I live in Freehold in Monmouth County, not too far from New Brunswick..my SF CSVT is getting fixed n put back together from the rod knock-->should be done by Friday, but i dont think i can drive 4,000 to NJ on it just yet lol---> Orginally wanted to go 3.0l have the engine,but dont have the time to put in so im stuck with the SVT 2.5..wish i was there so i can get more ideas on how to build my car and meet different ppl out there, seeing that i will be moving back to NJ in Sept or early October

Back