• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I love replacing parts.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Especially the ones that are so heavy you could kill someone with it if you went after them. It's a pleasant feeling for my psychotic mind that all I have to do is go under my jeep, take off 2 bolts, and then kill someone. :laugh:

Oh, it's a 15-16 pound heavy duty track bar.

thats weird... i dont liek changing parts. idc how heavy they are... ill just get an extra han if i need it....i hate wasting money on stoopid parts like O2 sensors. ESP when there are 4 of them

The Eliminators make the computer think it's "happy go time" though. Wouldn't they improve the fuel economy versus driving with the O2 code being thrown?

idk... would it? i have no clue about those things.

plus... if something else goes... ill never know untill my engine blows or sometihg retarded like that

oh... so why do cars even have O2 sensors if they can be so easily by-passed? esp if by-passing them wont kill your MPG like the code does?

If your 02 sensors are bad, having MIL eliminators won't matter. You will get an 02 code, even if you have MIL eliminators, if the sensor is bad.

Pictures Glenn?

Yeah, but if they prevent the code from being thrown doesn't it also prevent the computer from running in limp mode since they essentially tell it that the O2 is fine?

Yeah, but if they prevent the code from being thrown doesn't it also prevent the computer from running in limp mode since they essentially tell it that the O2 is fine?

Don't think so. I know the upper O2's are read to adjust air/fuel, but not sure if the lowers will throw it into limp mode or not. I may be wrong, though.

Now that I actually attempted to change it today...I believe Ford and Chrysler were competing for the award on "How to make things a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: to change."

I got it off after 4 hours though. Hopefully the new one goes in better.

jeez... you and your confusing sentances that make sense.

Dammit BrApple, you had to go and explain it to him in plain English. :laugh:
I was trying to make him actually think. ;)

Back