• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

home theater

CRGkart44

Is Cruising For A Bruising
what do you guys have for your home theater.

mine is like 8 years old but still sounds amazing.

its a mirage system. 24in subwoofer, 4ft tall speaker boxes on the sides, one center boc about 5in tall and 2ft wide, as well ad smaller speakers in the back that dont work? Yamaha amp and panisonic DVD/VHS combo. then out older 36in tube tv that got hit by lightening and fully repaired for some reason so its almost new.

5 Audio source speakers, 12" KLH subwoofer, pioneer vsx-d409 reciever and my computer...

All the audio stuff is from 1999.

I doubt you have a 24" subwoofer, if its big it may be a 15".

i use the sub box as a chair sometimes... but eh.. the box it bigger... but the sub is much bigger than a 15.. maybe 20? or something

Paradigm 12" sub in one corner, Paradigm 10" sub in the opposite corner, Infinity Alpha 50 main speakers, Infinity Beta 250 center channel, Infinity Primus surrounds, Optimus dipole tweeters in-line with the main speakers, Sony STR-DB830 receiver, Monster Power HTS 2600 power center, Harmony 880 remote, etc, etc....it's really a mess of the old and new :) Sounds pretty good once tuned with a DB meter and is plenty loud :laugh:

Grab a measuring tape man, i doubt its over 15"

I looked on their webpage and it does't look like they make larger then a 10" these days.

i cant right now.. but again, its about 10 years old. they wouldnt have it on their page. but the box it about 24 so i know its smaller than that... but i know the speaker it larger than 15

currently I have a pioneer receiver VSX-515, Monster power center HTS 2000 and an old VC XL-z1050 cd player, and my laptop for more music and such.

speakers are old school Advent Legacy III floor standing, Baby Advent II, and Mini Advent. All very early 90's before jensen made advent into :censored::censored::censored::censored:. For sub its a POS Jensen 10". cables are top of the line monster.

the Advent legacy III's look something like this.
http://www.oaktreeent.com/web_photo...nt_Legacy-IIs_Stereo_Loudspeakers_collage.jpg

Aaron, you're such a smart ass. :laugh: ;)

I don't remember what I have and I don't feel like going down the stairs to see.
I think it's a Phillips system though. We've had it for a long time but still works well.

Last edited:
OK so Paul (mixtape) isn't alone.
Nice gifts to yourself. :)

Back