• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NE Ski meet?

ducttapepro03

CEG'er
Since some of us PA folk had a nice time last year, who would be interested in a skiing day again?

I'd love to take a weekend trip to vermont or something:drool:, but chances are something a little closer to here would work best.

Opinions?

Yeah, i'm trying to find a timeshare I can get in vermont. Also since you posted in here I might as well clarify it can be a Ski/Board/Tube/whatever meet... not just a ski meet haha.

Yeah, i'm trying to find a timeshare I can get in vermont. Also since you posted in here I might as well clarify it can be a Ski/Board/Tube/whatever meet... not just a ski meet haha.

yeah i just assumed that since everyone i know always says skiing. but me i say boarding.:laugh: cause i only need 2 edges cause its more fun that way

While I do agree, this is the best thing you can do with snow so take it elsewhere
gtfo.gif
:laugh:

what? did someone say holiday valley?? :) you guys know you want to!!!!!

you know it must be good if they advertise for it in ohio and its 45 min west of me in NY

When were you thinking of doing this Kyle?
Last year I couldn't go because I was in a cast. This year...Ken just had foot surgery and is now using crutches, non-weight bearing for four weeks and in about six to eight weeks (from now) he'll be in a boot cast after another surgery.
Maybe we'll be able to go and hang out with everyone depending on the time frame.

I'm out this year. Things got a whole lot bumpier Friday evening...so I won't be doing anything for a while.

But whenever you go, you all better make sure you eat at Shenanigans.

I was kinda hoping Alex would stop by here and let us know what he's up to, I'm sure he'd like to go boarding if we go in his neck of the woods(Poconos).

Again this year, Big Boulder is offering discounts sunday's
Every Sunday, starting December 7th, 3pm excluding holidays (Martin Luther King 1-18-09 and Presidents Weekend 2-15-09)
$20 snow pass, $15 rentals
Not a bad deal pricewise for the whole afternoon, $20 for the lift ticket if you have equipment or $35 for ticket and rentals
Group rates are available if we have more than 15 people, if that looks like it will happen I'll find out what rate we can get.

Sunday 1/11/09 works good for me... Discuss!

I would be interested in Holiday valley as well if someone who has been there before would like to get some more info for us.

Holiday Valley is a bit far for me, 5 and a half hours. :(
Looks like a nice place though.

what info would you like to know?

http://www.holidayvalley.com/

What would be our best bet(weekends/fridays), and a cost estimate? I can't seem to find prices there, only the promo's (milk, 4th graders, mcdonalds, etc.) and I did find rental prices.

I didn't realize this until now, my hunting cabin is less than 20 miles from there, just on the PA side of the border. Looks like its 3.5 hours for me.

friday - sunday is always very busy. any day you go is going to be pretty packed. just long lines at the lifts, as you know the hills are huge and theres tons of trails to choose from, so the trails wont be crowded. its all up to you guys. i don't know what lift ticket prices are this year. it usually changes from year to year

edit: here ya go

adult prices on the left junior prices on the right. so an 8 hour ticket is $54 weekday adult price is $47 i'll have to call about a group rate if you guys are interested

Saturday- Sunday $94 $74
Ticket valid from 8:30 AM Saturday - 4:30 PM Sunday. Save $17!

Any 8 Hours $54 $41
Any 4 Hours $50 $37

4-hour not available Saturdays or peak

8:30 AM - 10:30* PM $57 $44
4:00 PM 10:30* PM $32 $24
* Night skiing ends at 10:00 PM on Sundays.

Ok so I'm going to just go ahead with the first of (hopefully) a few trips.

Date: 1/11/2009 - Big Boulder Resort (www.jfbb.com)
Cost: $20 Lift Tickets, $15 rentals, Free to chill with the bunnies in the lodge
Tubing is also available.
When:Meeting at the slopes @ 2:30pm
Ski/Board/Slide from 3pm - 8-9ish ( or earlier if we are all ready 2 go)

Food? We can do dinner at shenanigans afterward if anyone wants to stay.

Hmmm I should probably start a new thread to get a headcount....

Back