• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Holy :censored::censored::censored::censored:...

Most folks around here take those kinds of vehicles for free...you can get around $100 just for the catalytic converter...that fact that it doesn't have tires is a bonus because than he doesn't have to burn them off...:laugh:

yeah i mean it's scrap now anyways....it's gonna go in the crusher so wtf is his problem?

i was talking about the vin plate under the hood btw. i would have taken it off and if he asked why it was gone said i dunno wtf you're talking about.

Ignore the :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty phone quality...but say good bye.

DSC00071.jpg

maybe that's the new NE catch-phrase..."going TGO on it" as in, "hey you're a big asshole and now I'm going to shoot you...easy there, don't go TGO on him"...:laugh: :laugh:

We have a lot of places around here that pay $50-100/ junk car. They are getting more than that for the scrap, so I don't know why he would be so upset about the whole thing.

The reason why he wanted the VIN's on there is because scrap yards still need to have an inventory of all VIN number that come in and go out for law reasons.

He may be taking the engine to a u-pull-it and may need that plate to be on the engine for their state records.
Even with the title in hand they still need to verify that they aren't receiving stolen parts and need the VIN plates in place to do that.

i thought you sold the engine?

i'm talking about the plate on the radiator support...which was damaged and straightened in the first place and will go to scrap.

doesn't really matter anymore though

Most of the engine was sold.
Sorry Chris, I thought you only wanted the one on the engine. We got so busy ripping into it that I forgot all about the one on the header panel. :(

if i had a scrap yard i would want the vin tags so i would not get blamed for having stolen vehicles or better yet getting caught refurbishing cars without proper vin info just my 2 cents

the point is that there are a few in different places on the car. most notably the one on the dashboard.

whatever, it's done and over now...no problem. it's cool.

Back