• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New to Minneapolis - need some help soon.

Kresnik

CEG'er
Hello everyone! I've been on the forum for a while and just moved to Minneapolis. I have an '00 SVT that I swapped a 3.0L into last week and am need of some major help pretty soon here. I think that the motor has a rear main seal leak, since it only leaks when the motor is running. I have no tools, garage, lift, space or anything here, so I'm in need of someone who has these to help me to get this done pretty soon here. I'm happy to pay for your time and use of tools, though I'd like to work with someone who has pulled the motor/transaxle a few times so that we could get done in a day. While it's out, I want to replace the oil pan gasket and tighten down the rear o2 sensors (I didn't get one too tight, sleep deprivation when wrenching. :/ )

In addition, I need a passenger side motor mount (upper half), and if you can weld I'd love fit in an o2 bung on the Y-pipe in the front.

Otherwise, hello and hi from the new guy in town. :)

I had to Google that to see where that was , I was thinking Canada, and had not clue what the U.P meant lol....I guess I wasn't to far off!!!

So where in Minneapolis? Actually downtown or a suburb? I live just North of Minneapolis in Coon Rapids.

Not sure if a guy could get that finished in a day unless it was an early rise and late end. There is a lot to disconnect remove before you can pull the engine. Best bet is to pull the trans with the engine. Your going to need coolant, trans fluid, and of course engine oil. Also you'll need to hope that no bolts/parts break in the process.

In a pinch I swapped an engine out and into a car with little to no repairs and it took me from 8am to 3:30am the next day to get it up and running. Keep in mind that was with another guy that knew actually what he was doing too. I'd also consider myself proficient with this type of work as well. I think your targeting more of a weekend task not a day.

Not sure I could really help you out as I definitely do not have the space at my place, and I'm running short on available time. However I'd be willing to answer any questions you might have as I'm sure a number of peope on here would as well.

Forgot to mention that if you brought me the y-pipe with a bung, and marked where you wanted it welded I could probably help you out.

So where in Minneapolis? Actually downtown or a suburb? I live just North of Minneapolis in Coon Rapids.

Not sure if a guy could get that finished in a day unless it was an early rise and late end. There is a lot to disconnect remove before you can pull the engine. Best bet is to pull the trans with the engine. Your going to need coolant, trans fluid, and of course engine oil. Also you'll need to hope that no bolts/parts break in the process.

In a pinch I swapped an engine out and into a car with little to no repairs and it took me from 8am to 3:30am the next day to get it up and running. Keep in mind that was with another guy that knew actually what he was doing too. I'd also consider myself proficient with this type of work as well. I think your targeting more of a weekend task not a day.

Not sure I could really help you out as I definitely do not have the space at my place, and I'm running short on available time. However I'd be willing to answer any questions you might have as I'm sure a number of peope on here would as well.

I've pulled the motor and transaxle a number of times, including doing the 3.0L swap by my lonesome. I can pull the motor alone in about four hours with hand tools and an electric impact wrench, I should hope to reduce the time with a second set of hands. But right, a budgeted weekend would probably be the safest bet. Everything was out about a week ago, so it's still pretty easy to get at.

I have the eBay knock off headers/Y-pipe, which is stainless - though a poor grade with minimum nickle in it (which is why it turns colors and gets surface rust) -- but do you have stainless wire to weld with? I suppose that only matters if I can find stainless o2 bungs. :/

I live in Minneapolis proper, north side.

Thanks! :)

Back