• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best Minneapolis shop to bring CSVT for work

colt0958

New CEG'er
I've got a car with a blown spark plug and worn timing chain. Where would you suggest I go to get the work done? I've got it at a dealer now and I think the sticker shock will kill me once I find out what they want to fix it. I know I might as well get the head replaced instead of a helicoil since the engine will need to come out for the timing chain. I thought about a 3L swap from 3L duratec but the price is a bit high. I would hope to keep it under $1500 for the parts and labor. Where should I bring the car for this type of work? Anyone know of any places that have experience working on these cars and charge reasonable rates?

I replied to your email so take a look at that. We could drop a stock 2.5L into your car to keep costs at or around $1500. A 3L won't be possible for $1500 unless you did it all yourself. Most charge about $800+ in labor to swap the motor and then a non-prepped 3L from a junk yard will cost at least $500 + core and shipping if it isn't local. Then the new 3L motor still has to be prepped and built up which is a significant amount of labor as well. Plus, you will more than likely need some maint. items addressed (sensors, mounts, clutch, etc.).

Chris

If you are looking for someone to do work on your Contour, Mystique, or Cougar in Minneapolis I would recommend Blackcoog. He's swapped my engine and installed my diff in my car. He is a really great guy to work with upfront, honest, and very helpful.

My advice is if possible save up for the 3L. it's a much better engine and you can get one with lower miles than a 2.5.

Back