• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gem for someone...

CrazyTalkSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Was at Johns Auto Parts in Blaine today. Seen a white contour with the tach/black faced gauges still intact. I think mileage was 147000 which is kinda high, but hey, if its your style hit it up!

Yeah, you can walk the lot for free. Saw a handful of Tauruses there...bad news is the crew yanks the motors from the vehicles so I'm not quite sure where they are keeping those 3L parts that you need. :shrug: Gotta be there somewhere!

yeah. i suppose ill call them later. problem with scrap yards is usually they sell the engines complete, so they wont sell the part i need.

for sure. cheapest i could find a IAC for was 44$ at advance. they are 55$ with discount at tousley. either way its gotta be ordered, i really wanted the car going for the weekend. its finally nice out and my car is still covered in salt from the last snow. plus im' excited to see how fast it is now that i've improved so much on the intake side of the engine :D

Sick!! I got the itch bad myself along with a laundry list of little things I would like to take care of. Car is still in storage though. I'm waiting on that lovely MN weather trickery to pass. Always seems to snow a little bit around April and since I roll chrome I would prefer to keep it shiny rather than turn it green.

yeah probably smart. im not gettin my hopes up but i really think its over this time. we'll see though!

what all you got planned for the svt this year? last time i saw it, looked like you were just going for clean stock look, with bags and tight rims :D thats seriously the cleanest black car i've ever seen.

The list is long, but money is short so maybe fix a few minor dents here and there. I'd like to get my front bumper painted since its got some road rash. Thanks to you guys on here, I think I have my hiccup problem figured out. So I have to drop my fuel tank and remove the sock filter. Ummm, I have a false floor plan for the trunk. I bought an extra airtank to have some simple airbrush work done on, but if I dont have the funds for my false floor then I wont mount it.
Just real minor stuff here and there. I want to keep the down time to a minimum so I can roll it alot this summer! Speaking of which, I'm in North Branch(Canada) now so I'm not too far from Center City. We's gotta roll...hit uni or something

Oh and thanks for the compliments. I've seen some far cleaner looking ones on here as of late, but thanks!

for sure. i'm actually in eagan until the 1st. i had an apartment there the last year. i'm moving back to my dad's in center city. you should come chill. i plan on having some of my "team four door" club out there maybe for a grill/mod meet if my dad is cool with it. you can come over there any time and see how a 3L pulls!

Nah, no flinchin here...checked the 10 day. Appears that mother nature is bringing the rain to wash salt away come next week.

LOL you know it. i can't wait to hit uni this weekend. i gotta get that stupid valve.

Saw you tonight. Went into the packing lot to say whats up but it looked like you were talking to a buddy so I didn't bother you.

Car is sex btw. I hate going to Uni because it makes me want a car with a stick :blackeye:

The spring itch got me, I order, New Radiator, Upper/Lower Radiator hose's, thermostat. OME 2" lift springs, K&N Intake, Borla SS Cat Back 2 1/2", Syperchip Handheld programmer just released, High Flow CAT,. All for my WJ 4.0L with 208,xxx and counting. I like my jeep. But miss my contour. If you see a Jeep, Subaru, or Mustang, wearing "Honor The Fallen" On the window. Thats me or my wife.

Eric

If you see a Jeep, Subaru, or Mustang, wearing "Honor The Fallen" On the window. Thats me or my wife.

Eric

I will be in Owatonna later today to pick up one of the kids. I will keep an eye open for you.

Salute.....

Last edited:
I was up there this morning. I go to church up there. I'm in Bloomington, and the St. Paul area alot.

Back