• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

Well that was short lived, went to drive the car yesterday and it was empty again. I must have a heck of a leak, not looking forward to finding that.

Also got rid of the Cougar over the weekend. Me sad. :cry:

That sucks! Normally I can get thru the summer with a fill. My SE compressor locked up last summer so I'm bypassing the compressor now.

That sucks! Normally I can get thru the summer with a fill. My SE compressor locked up last summer so I'm bypassing the compressor now.
That's how my experience has been with my other cars too. On the plus side with it leaking that fast it should be easier to find where the leak is coming from.

We have a Make-A-Wish trip at the end of August, so September would work. Maybe my car will be on the road by then.

any events going on that could make some of us show up in Sept? as of now I work the weekend of Sept 20th for sure, and my Class reunion on the weekend of the 27th. Other than that I dont think i have to much planned on the weekends other than that. I live about 4 hours from the Cities. would make the girlfriend happy to go the MOA a day someday this year lol, and a twins game if there home.

Last edited:
Well. We have a signed purchase agreement on this. Might as well share it with you guys. We were going to build, but this little guy popped up and was too good of a deal to pass up. We figured worse case, we can sell this in 5 years and still build.

Look at that cute little guy, just look at it.

Is it just missing a few finishing touches? Was it even lived in? Looks pretty much new.

The railing looks like someone was just like, "oh it needs railings? there I fixed it" sorta thing. :laugh: Cool place, is it on some nice property too?

It is 14 years old and is a foreclosure. Guy took almost everything he could. He even took the mantle off the fireplace. It is mostly easy stuff to replace...a lot of trim. All the important things are still there (furnace....walls LOL). The railings were added by the bank to make it legal to sell. It is only about an acre and half. One neighbor on one side....but my wife used to work with him until he retired and he goes to Florida or camps for 8 months out of the year. 120 acres of state land basically right out the door. We are on one of the high points around here (back behind Midway....between Virginia and Eveleth)....it is all rock ledge and gravel. We had the inspector out there today and he was very impressed with it....nothing major wrong with it. South and west sides need to be restained (sun exposure). Need a tin smith to double check the flashing on the roof around the chimney...but no signs of leaking.

So this person took railings and trim boards when they moved out? To do what with exactly? People sure are weird. :laugh:

That's what I would have guessed about the railings, but I thought it was just because it never had any railings before. I noticed the mismatched stain around all the doorways and thought that was odd.

Well, he was $22K behind in his payments when the bank took it back. I am assuming he was just trying to get as much as he could out of there. He did sell the lot next to the house to the neighbor. When I looked up the foreclosure info, he was $226K back in principle. $255K with interest. And the bank bought it back for $266K. They took our $126K offer. I figure it will be another $7K ish to get it back to "normal"

Well, he was $22K behind in his payments when the bank took it back. I am assuming he was just trying to get as much as he could out of there.
I understand that part of it, and taking things that are worth money. Things like the appliances, maybe a ceiling fan or two, etc. But used doorway trim? What on earth would you do with that?

Sounds like you're getting a fine deal, and it's not that much work to get it in living order anyways. :cool:

I understand that part of it, and taking things that are worth money. Things like the appliances, maybe a ceiling fan or two, etc. But used doorway trim? What on earth would you do with that?

Sounds like you're getting a fine deal, and it's not that much work to get it in living order anyways. :cool:

Yeah. And he didn't even take all of the trim! That is the weird part. He took most of it, but left some areas. Good thing I can just get some nice pine boards and rip them myself. That reminds me, I should maybe get a new blade for my table saw....

Congrats on the new place!

That is weird that they took the decks and select trim pieces. :crazy: I'm sure you'll get things squared away in no time.

Nice looking home and looks peaceful too.

Appraisal should happen tomorrow. I am waiting for the idiot to come back and say something like $110K, even though a person couldn't have this house built for $220K.

Wow this place is dead. Guess that's what happens when I'm not here. :p

On a side note, I'll be throwing the general snows on Su next week. I'm not ready for this winter stuff. :/

Also, I'll have to get a picture when I'm back in class next week, but the second year students in driveline class last semester replaced a ball joint on a Sebring. It came back this semester because the control arm had fallen and worn a rut in the rim. Turns out the guys forgot to put the pin back in the castle nut. The nut slowly worked its way off and the control arm dropped. Part of the rim had worn completely through. :nonono:

Back