• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Driving my 99 CSVT from AZ to NH?

SvelteSVT

CEG'er
I got a job in NH and am thinking of driving my 99 Contour SVT from my home in Arizona all the way to New Hampshire. I will just sell it in NH since it's worth more to people in NH (we don't rust much in AZ!). Do y'all think this is a good idea or should I just sell it in AZ?

Sell to whoever is willing to pay the most, and compensate you for any hassle you might encounter. Why waste three days of your life because someone offers you 500 more dollars:nonono: ya know.
Because a cross-country trip is amazing!

I bought my car in San Jose, CA and drove it home with my dad. One of the most amazing trips I've ever done ... and totally worth it. Very fun to road trip and see the different scenes and cultures across the US. I seriously can't wait to road trip across the country again (will do so as soon as my company vacation time allows for round trip). Next time I want to go South and do Rt 66 / Texas / Grand Canyon.

The problem is that around here, you might not find sellers to be that interested in an AZ car. Unfortunately there are only specific people interested in SVTs to begin with and you will have a difficult time finding a buyer regardless where you live. However, I do think New England has a higher buying base than AZ.

I totally recommend it, for the trip alone. Also, despite whether or not people are interested in rust-free SVTs, they tend to go for more $$ around here than they do the west coat. (Another reason I bought from California -- cost of car+trip was cheaper than a car here, and it was rustfree)

BTW ... congrats on the job ! Where will you be living/working in NH? Welcome to the craziness that is NECEG :)

Last edited:
Definitely check out which is the most cost effective.
If you sell the car in AZ, how would you get out to NH? fly? moving truck?
How are you going to transport all of your belongings if you decided to drive the SVT to NH?
Is your job paying relocation costs?

Congrats on the new job. I hope you can hack our weather up here. ;)

Back