• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone around anymore?

Cobra

Veteran CEG'er
Just wondering if anyone is still checking in here. Just took the car out for the first time in a few years. The inspection sticker is from 2011!!

I am still around. I check the forums at least once a day.

First time in a few years? I am not even that bad, and I am getting pretty bad about not driving either car.

I'm still around, not that many people know me. I just got mine repainted, a new CPU, going to be getting it dyno-tuned (again) soon. I was without mine for 6 months while it was having work done, then repainted, etc. When I got it back I was starting to wonder why I still had it and putting money into it. Then I drove it for 10 minutes and was reminded. I've been driving it every day since, and I absolutely love it.

I pull the site up almost every day but seldom post. Kind of like my car, look at it daily but it never gets taken out. lol

Hey Mike nice to here from you. I check in here and post on occasion. The contour has been out of storage about a month or so. Just did ebc rotors and green stuff pads and bat struts, the stock ones finally wore out. I have been driving it more and more minus bad weather but i don't want to look at it i want to drive it :). How things with you ? Not too many original owners left . I have fond memories of CEG in It's prime.

Glad you got it out again, I had been wondering :)

I poke in once in a while, but it's rare these days. A few times a month, if that. I've been busy with a bunch of activities outside of driving. The SVT has been parked since October. I did take it out for a 5-minute drive a couple of weeks ago.

I've been mulling over the idea of selling it for a while now. You may remember in 2009 I had tripped over 100k on the way home from SZ ... well, it only has 111k since then! For last year's inspection sticker I had driven it just 800 miles. Andy at Holt's chuckled when he saw the odometer.

Last edited:
Just logged in today. Mainly because I'm looking to see if anyone is interested in Jack Point Access covers for an SE. NOT an SVT! I drive a 2K black SVT (110k miles) in Merrimack Valley area. I drive it nearly every day. Still a fun drive!

My car is now running with a 3.0 in it. I found a new old stock escape engine and put it in complete. It has been running great. Just need to find new shocks for it now. The koni's I have are completely rusted and froze on me. Any suggestions for shocks that can work well with lowering springs?

My car is now running with a 3.0 in it. I found a new old stock escape engine and put it in complete. It has been running great. Just need to find new shocks for it now. The koni's I have are completely rusted and froze on me. Any suggestions for shocks that can work well with lowering springs?

BAT. I have them and really like them. There is not much of anything to choose from for our platform. I got 17yrs out of my stock ones granted the mileage was low and no rust on them at all but the age got to them.

Where about? There are still a few of us around in CT.

I'm in a town next to Manchester, CT I'm hoping to go to this years UCONN car show with a running contour and license. (Only 17) I had to pull engine for clutch, turned into a bigger project and when I tried starting the car after everything was put back. The old 95-97 engine bay harness issue played a role, I'm fixing the harness currently, I was referring to my 97 Sport. On the other hand my CSVT will need an engine pull but we will see how far I get on that when it starts warming up in little old Connecticut.

Well, I brought my contour to the UC3 2019 show but does anyone live near the Boston area? I am currently going to college there and I know I'm not the only one with a contour in the CT/MA area. Not much room for planning here but there is a car show in Boston called RADwood I might try to go to. I won't have a car but was curious if anyone might show, would be cool to see a running SVT for the first time.

Back