• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

National meet?

I took a road trip this summer with 2 buddies of mine. PA - San Jose, CA. It was awesome.. 1st day we got too nebraska (we switched drivers in Indiana. Only 2 of us could drive stick), 2nd day we stopped in Fort Collins, Colorado, to visit a friend, 3rd day we made it to San Jose. In the event that a national meet does actually happen, I'm sure people would bring friends to help with the driving. I drove from SLC to San Jose, through the night, and that could have been the longest, most boring drive of my life :laugh:. hah, I remember counting down the mile markers from like 600 all the way down to 0.

Meeting in the middle somewhere, would defidently work out best. And there should problably be more than one day of stuff to do.. i would hate to drive all that way, just to come home 12 hours later. Camping anyone??

it might be too late in the year to plan something... Just throwing this out there, since there seems to be a lack of interest in a national meet. Maybe we could get 1 representative from each region to post an interest check in their region too see who would really be interested in driving X amount of miles or days for a national meet. it would proably be summer of '08 (I could be wrong) but then that gives a lot of time for planning of stuff to do. :shrug:

what do you guys think?

it might be too late in the year to plan something... Just throwing this out there, since there seems to be a lack of interest in a national meet. Maybe we could get 1 representative from each region to post an interest check in their region too see who would really be interested in driving X amount of miles or days for a national meet. it would proably be summer of '08 (I could be wrong) but then that gives a lot of time for planning of stuff to do. :shrug:

what do you guys think?

That sounds like the best idea I've heard so far.

what do you guys think?

the limit of the New England group is about 15 hours ... so that puts us to the area Spring Zing is normally held, no one had any interest in driving much furthur.

the limit of the New England group is about 15 hours ... so that puts us to the area Spring Zing is normally held, no one had any interest in driving much furthur.

I just posted a thread in the NECEG branch, so i'll see what our interest is down here.

So Brapple would you mind being the "representative" for the New England crew? either Luca or I will be rep for North East.

. id like to make it to cali this summer!!

I hear the weather is great around now! :blackeye: ..As nice as California is i think its about 24 hours over driving distance :(

I'd be up for some KC/MO i think it would be cool to go where all the CSVT's where born :cool:

I hear the weather is great around now! :blackeye: ..As nice as California is i think its about 24 hours over driving distance :(

I'd be up for some KC/MO i think it would be cool to go where all the CSVT's where born :cool:

yeah that would be pretty cool, maybe get a tour of the plant or something :confused: they problably have a test track out there right?

Back