• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Maybe a meet with the NECO people?

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey Guys,
I was thinking that instead of having our SZ and their Cougarfest why not combine forces and make a big national meet? They are almost the same car right? We all love our cars and I think it would be fun for everyone. Think of a SZ cept twice the size and people! Let me know what you think about it.

that would be cool but I think a problem would arise in the date of the event since they are so far apart

Just make one date. Maybe in the middle. They dont have their fest planned out yet from what I can tell. Maybe they can jump on ours.

well I do believe moving spring zing was discussed in the past and the general consensus was its called spring zing and not summer spring so that is why it is when it is.

plus isn't alot of the SZ08 stuff planned aready?

Plus the word is CF will be in Indiana again in Indy

Actually their 'fest is most definitely going to be Indy this year, and no amount of persuasion is going to change their minds. There are too many members that have already committed time/money towards it.
They also prefer their July date over our May date.

Having a single, combined bash has been discussed quite a few times in the past on both sites and it is just a lost cause.
Both events are fun, so it's a good time if you can manage to make it out to both.
But I don't see them ever being combined in the future.

although ceg is running strong, before long, activity on here will slow down and spring zing wont be what it has been. it will only make sense to merge with neco after things die down on here. when might that happen? who knows? but it will happen. what fun is spring zing without all the people?!

How about just go to Spring Zing instead?
Or attend Cougarfest because you actually like the people and the cars, not to just be a douche to rain on someone else's parade. :idea:

but what fun is that kim?
isn't it better to drive super far and hang out with people who don't want you there because your intention was to crash the party than to go somewhere and hang out with people you know and won't hate you for being there?

wow i think ya'll took that the wrong way i love cars of all shapes and types i would be going to have a good time not to be a d-bag.

And we were just playin with ya...well at lest i was.
never can tell about that kim chick, she can be a :censored::censored::censored::censored: sometimes.
:D

Been there and tried that. We're very different groups as surprising as that sounds. They don't want part of us.

I'm an active NECO member, drive a Cougar, adore the SVTC, and online I love both groups (no homo), but I also think they are 2 totally different groups. O one hand, the NECO guys like to hang in parking lots and get drunk, thats fun, but not every night of a get together. The CEG guys like to talk cars, sell stuff, cruise, maybe squeeze a track day in, that appeals more to me (i used to be an SHO owner and thats what we did).

I think a joint event would diminish what has been created by 2 different groups. Me, personally, I want to go to CF because I want to meet more men with chick cars (again, no homo, and ROFL at us?), and I need an excuse to get out of Louisville :)

In the end, Mondeo's rule, so we're all good.

Last edited:
I think I've already commented on a similar thread, but here goes again...

I've been active in NECO since 2000, active in CEG since 2003.

No, the 2 groups aren't just alike, but I think there's a fair amount of overlap. Some of us Cougar owners are into performance, racing, etc. A lot aren't. There are some 'Tours whose only mods are audio... Cougar owners probably do lean more toward show, SVT owners probably more toward go, but there's a lot of common ground in just plain maintaining our aging cars.

I enjoy both boards and meets of both groups, and I think there are many others who'd enjoy joint meets.

However, both SZ & CF have LOTS of emotion attached. Yes, they're both going to someday be too small to be practical. But I suspect we'll need to create a Mondeo annual meet to avoid flame wars, event planning tug-of-wars, & worse.

Back