• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Resident Experts

rexxdoggy started a thread like this, try to find that or ask him for a link to it.

I can try to help you as much as possible with any questions, I just did my first motor/tranny removal and 3L install. Also did a clutch and flywheel at the same time so let me know any questions

Ontario NECO has a large number of 3L swaps, probably more than half of us are running 3Ls that we've done ourselves. Plus i'm sure there's a few on CEG. There are a number of people with the experience. Sooo you might be able to organize a day where some of them could come by and give a hand? I'm sure most aren't against being paid in food and beer. :p

I had 2 NECO guys come by and help me with my swap. Of course it helped that one of them lived right around the corner within walking distance.

Thanks for the heads up about NECO. I've been a member there for years but hadn't visited in a while. I found a complete write up on the procedure with pictures to boot, freaking awesome! That site has some very valuable content. BTW I'm on my way, the axle's are out and all the fluids have been drained. Tomorrow I start the real dis-assembly.

Back