• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lost sideskirt on I-75 Northbound somewhere between Dayton and Toledo

Berkel

Hard-core CEG'er
I have a hunch it's somewhere around the Lima area.

Big reward for anyone who finds it :laugh:

It's black. Just thought it'd be hilarious if someone spotted it :help:

I've got a buddy that lives in Lima. I asked him to have a look for ya.

i remember when i lost a side skirt on I-75 it sat on top of rouge river bridge for three weeks before i went back and picked it up hahaha
dang dude!

The worst part is.. I visited my mom up in Toledo last week, and with the 12" of snow at the end of the driveway, I lost the sideskirt and noticed it when I went to fill up my gas. I drove back, plunked it back on.. and my mom said.. "Aren't you gonna zip tie it or screw it back on?"

And I said.. "Nah once I'm out of the snow it won't fall off."

Nothing like a good ol' "I told you so" :nonono:

John, you actually said the same thing to me when you helped me install those worthless springs that didn't fit.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

I've got a buddy that lives in Lima. I asked him to have a look for ya.
I appreciate it! I had a buddy call me tonight and say "hey I'm up in Toledo for the night!".. I said, "oh man, you took the same route I did.. I should've told you to look for a sideskirt!"

Around Lima the roads got real bumpy (I think it was around Lima but I zoned out).. my car was bouncing around like a bouncy ball.. and I remember hearing something go "kshhh kshhh kshhhh" and I thought in my head.. "the sideskirt!".. but the truck next to me had a fabric cover on it so I figured.. "eh it was probably the cover"

Thanks to Sam and Joe, I'll be back in business pretty soon. Just gotta make some makeshift JP cover tabs and do some paint work like the good ol days :laugh:

Actually, if you run a screw through the bottom of the jack cover at an angle into the side skirt, you won't have to worry about the broken tabs. The screw will push it up tight and will be flush and never fall off ;)

Around Lima the roads got real bumpy (I think it was around Lima but I zoned out).. my car was bouncing around like a bouncy ball.. and I remember hearing something go "kshhh kshhh kshhhh" and I thought in my head.. "the sideskirt!".. but the truck next to me had a fabric cover on it so I figured.. "eh it was probably the cover"

Is it still a bunch of construction down there, or is that done?

Actually, if you run a screw through the bottom of the jack cover at an angle into the side skirt, you won't have to worry about the broken tabs. The screw will push it up tight and will be flush and never fall off ;)
My man! I never use the covers anyway, I usually just take the sideskirts off when I jack up the side of the car. My brain has been fogged with job searching, I'm forgetting how to be efficient :p

Is it still a bunch of construction down there, or is that done?
There's small segments along I75, but the bumpy part I remember wasn't under construction. I don't remember the drive being that bumpy at all, but the speed limit was 70 and I was doing 80 so my car was flying all over the place.

Just wanted to give you an update. My buddy drove from Lima, to past Toledo. He didn't see anything. It had snowed the night before, but he didn't see anything.

Just wanted to give you an update. My buddy drove from Lima, to past Toledo. He didn't see anything. It had snowed the night before, but he didn't see anything.
Thanks man! I saw that somebody posted and freaked out for a second :p

No worries

Back