• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Venting

LilCe98

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey folks. I haven't been on here much lately. I've been busy moving since I've been blessed with a new job after being unemployed for 2 years. I'm now in Richmond VA so if anyone is in the area feel free to look me up.

Though I really like my car I've decided to vent a little about ALL the problems I'm having with it right now. Most are little things but it definitely has me thinking about getting a new car when I can afford it. Here's a sort list:
1) Drivers side HID is out for the 3rd time
2) Leak in the trunk when it rains
3) Leak in the front passenger foot-well when it rains
4) Sway bar bracket is broken again after getting welded twice
5) A/C compressor is seized. No fun driving in this heat
6) License plate lamp has a short so one of the lamps just flicker.
7) Drivers side door speaker goes in and out as well as my amp is not getting power.
8) Radiator and power steering pump leak

These are just a few things that have me longing for something new. I already have my eyes on what I want and I'm saving up my pennies.

Feel free to vent here as well. I'm interested to hear what problems you guys are having and what car you would realistically get if you could.
{J}

3) Leak in the front passenger foot-well when it rains

Feel free to vent here as well. I'm interested to hear what problems you guys are having and what car you would realistically get if you could.
{J}

Check your cabin air filter. That may be full or the surrounding area may be full of small leaves and it'll allow water to drain into the footwell of the passenger side

Vents for me:
1) black is hard to keep clean
2)gas prices
3)I'm tired of the same local SE thinking he can pull me or try to keep up
4) I'm still untuned
5)i dont want to be untuned, i need to get it tuned soon

..other than that, the SVT is running strong and pulls like a top everytime. :D

Glad to hear yours is going strong. I walk to work so I haven't been too affected by the gas prices. I don't remember when was the last time I put gas it my car :) I'm still not tuned after almost 3 years with the 3L. I gotta say it does kill the gas mileage. Most of my issues are small and its just finding the time and space to work on things. She just needs some TLC. You won't happen to have a subframe laying around would you :)

Look at your Lower Control Arms. I'm gonna take a long shot and say it's a 2-bolt set up. I think Pre-98s were a 4-bolt set up, I could be wrong about this though.

98 is 4 bolt 98.5 - 00 is 2 bolt. Ive got a clean rustfree 4 bolt subframe here in FL... if you have a business address maybe I can send it to you for cheap.

98 is 4 bolt 98.5 - 00 is 2 bolt. Ive got a clean rustfree 4 bolt subframe here in FL... if you have a business address maybe I can send it to you for cheap.

Mine is a 98.5 so I guess I need a 2 bolt. If you come across a 2 bolt one that would be great. There's no point trying to get this bracket welded again.

Check your cabin air filter. That may be full or the surrounding area may be full of small leaves and it'll allow water to drain into the footwell of the passenger side

Yeah I was going to say the same thing.. I have the same prob, but it seems to only leak when we get a heavy rain or from a certain direction. I've looked up the location and how-to, but still haven't bothered changing mine yet..:laugh::nonono:

My vents:
1) My a/c compressor is bad also. It'll charge enough to take freon, but doesn't put out the "ice cold a/c" Ford is known for. So this heat definitely sucks driving in...
2) Aside from the neglected cabin air filter, I have a leak somewhere around my rear driver's side door seal. The weatherstripping looks good, so I still can't find exactly where it's coming from.
3) Being broke in general... :blackeye::rolleyes: Not having money to do the stuff I wana do..

Other than that, the car is great and I love it! Gas prices don't really bother me in this car as a DD, because I compare to how much my lifted Bronco sucks the liquid..:laugh:

LilCe, what are thinking about getting if you can afford it? If I got another 4-door car, and I couldn't find another CSVT in excellent shape, I like the 2003 style Lexus IS300. I would love to have a truck or possibly a Stang for a DD, but then I would complain about gas prices/ mileage..

Yeah I was going to say the same thing.. I have the same prob, but it seems to only leak when we get a heavy rain or from a certain direction. I've looked up the location and how-to, but still haven't bothered changing mine yet..:laugh::nonono:

My vents:
1) My a/c compressor is bad also. It'll charge enough to take freon, but doesn't put out the "ice cold a/c" Ford is known for. So this heat definitely sucks driving in...
2) Aside from the neglected cabin air filter, I have a leak somewhere around my rear driver's side door seal. The weatherstripping looks good, so I still can't find exactly where it's coming from.
3) Being broke in general... :blackeye::rolleyes: Not having money to do the stuff I wana do..

Other than that, the car is great and I love it! Gas prices don't really bother me in this car as a DD, because I compare to how much my lifted Bronco sucks the liquid..:laugh:

LilCe, what are thinking about getting if you can afford it? If I got another 4-door car, and I couldn't find another CSVT in excellent shape, I like the 2003 style Lexus IS300. I would love to have a truck or possibly a Stang for a DD, but then I would complain about gas prices/ mileage..

Last year my AC condenser was out so I paid to get that done. A few months later the compressor went out :(

I live next to a construction site right now so my car is always dusty and it doesn't help me things. Its starting to fog up my headlights and what not and everytime I see it now I just want something new.

I have my eye on a 2011 Ford Edge Sport. I've always liked the old ones but never thought they were worth the money they were asking for them. Now that the new ones are out the old ones are a little cheaper but the new ones are better in almost every way. I'm hoping that I can afford one next year sometime. I'm looking at the possibility of leasing one since I walk to work but I've heard good and bad things about that. I thought about getting another sedan but as much as my CSVT gets on my nerves I'd probably never get rid of it (unless I see a FI CSVT that catches my eye) so I don't see the need for another sedan.

My biggest gripe right now is the same as yours and that not having the money. Hopefully I can find a sugar momma :D

Last year my AC condenser was out so I paid to get that done. A few months later the compressor went out :(

I live next to a construction site right now so my car is always dusty and it doesn't help me things. Its starting to fog up my headlights and what not and everytime I see it now I just want something new.

I have my eye on a 2011 Ford Edge Sport. I've always liked the old ones but never thought they were worth the money they were asking for them. Now that the new ones are out the old ones are a little cheaper but the new ones are better in almost every way. I'm hoping that I can afford one next year sometime. I'm looking at the possibility of leasing one since I walk to work but I've heard good and bad things about that. I thought about getting another sedan but as much as my CSVT gets on my nerves I'd probably never get rid of it (unless I see a FI CSVT that catches my eye) so I don't see the need for another sedan.

My biggest gripe right now is the same as yours and that not having the money. Hopefully I can find a sugar momma :D

Yeah I hear ya man. I've known about my compressor issue for awhile now, but a few months ago I hit a big racoon and it ended messing up my condensor, radiator, and fans. I barely had enough money scrapped up to replace all that, so I let the compressor be for awhile longer. Now I'm regretting it with this freakin heat, but I needed money for tires bad.
I would've added all that to my "vent" list, but everything is pretty much taken care now on that end. :crazy:

I think the Ford Edge is pretty cool. Is the Sport the one with the 20" wheels? Is the 2011 any different in appearance from the older ones? I know the brand new Explorer looks pretty cool too, and actually looks alot like the Edge.
Yeah I personally would never do a lease. It's pretty much a waste unless you don't want it for more than a year or two. I like to modify (even if its mild). Most vehicles I would hate to leave stock, and you can't do anything to a lease. It's basically like renting a car for an extended period of time, with an option to buy, but that option turns really expensive (like Rent-a-Center for example)...

2010-older

2009-Ford-edge-sport-i01.jpg

2011_Ford_Edge_Sport_Review-36.jpg

The 2011's have 22" and 302HP. They have the same engine as the Mustang. I'm probably going to go with a white, red, or gray, but they look great in any color.
I would actually get and older version but then new ones just have more technology and a much better interior. If it comes down to it I may have to settle for an older one. I was considering a lease because I probably won't mod it since I'm keeping the CSVT. Plus I can see myself wanting something new in 3 years :D. We'll see though. I still have a ways to go before I can actually afford it, but I'm pretty set on an Edge being my nrxt vehicle.

Yeah that's cool man. I was talking about the older one, but they are both cool. I just don't think I've seen one yet like the 2011 pic. I've seen a few of the new Explorers, and they actually look pretty similar to the 2011 Edge. They just have a more squared back, but not much.
But I do like the Edge in general, so it's up to you what you do. Just make sure you keep that CSVT!:laugh:

Back