• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anybody ever been to the OC Car Show?

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
Im thinking I might join this year. I dont know if the Contour SVT will make it but I have the MR2 if that doesnt happen....

Just want to know how it is down there, this will be my first time going down there for a car show....

- amyn

Which OC show are you talking about? I know there are a few of them throughout the summer. My dad usually takes the Camaro to the one in October. I peronally havent had the SVT in the show, but I have been do all of them and love the atmosphere down there. If you're coming though my way, i'll drive wingman for the day! It's a blast, so much to see/do. There's a Hooters down there and the beach, it's almost like heaven. The only downfall is the imports come and cause problems and the cops have been getting heavier every year...but it's still fun.

Sounds good. Im talking about the Car and Truck show in June. Depends what car I bring down. I already have the wife coming. And I dont think youll fit in the trunk of my MR2!!! Need to do something different!

- amyn

"shotgun": riding the same car
"wingman": driving individual car but alongside...

(im a nerd, i know)

The June show is AMAZING! There's SO MUCH..and i mean..SO MUCH...to do! I'd be down to a drive to the Oc show in the SVT, hell. I might even bring the Caddy out. LOL

Let us know! Im trying to get a caravan to go down. But nobody wants to commit to something so far. Im entering in the show and chillin there for the weekend. If you are doing the same I would recommend booking now as a lot of the places are booked. I am staying in the Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront.

So far we have a LTuned Lexus IS300, Sherif is entering his 3L Contour SVT, Slight chance I will bring my 3LT CSVT more then likely I will be driving my MR2. I didnt check on directions but Im guessing we will be taking 95 down.

- amyn

I looked into jersey to OC and it looks like you'll probably take 95 to christiana and then rt 1 all the way down.

I also looked into the show info, it is just like the one that was in february. Which means, the show is in the Convention Center, which means you will more than likely have to leave the show car in the center all weekend; like my dad did with the Camaro. I will be down to drive down for the day, and possibly the next. I live in Dover, so it's not that bad of a drive for me. I can also crash on the floor, lmao. I'm set on AFN which is the weekend before this show, so idk if i can swing three big shows in a row. (AFN, OC, and GM Nats)

Let us know. What ever you would like! This show is inside and outside the convention center. Anyone inside is stuck for the weekend anyone who registers outside must setup before 10am and can start leaving at 7pm.

Keep me informed I pmed you my number + more info.....

I've gone to the funk master flex show in OC. It was pretty cool when I went. There were alot of different types of car and bikes around. Pretty cool atmosphere. Then everyone went to this club around there called Secrets. Lots of drunk fun. If I was in the area still I would link up with you guys. I may still try to if I can get my $$ straight.

Hey Mike and others,
It's been awhile since I've been on here... Yeah I love the OC Car Show in June. I don't think I've missed a show the past 8 or so years. I use to go to both (OC in June and Funk Flex in August) but prices are kind of rediculous and I usually saw the same cars twice... lol
But it would be cool to see an SVT Contour in the show, Amyn. I don't think I've seen a CSVT in a carshow in a long while...
-
Well I'll try to keep an eye on this thread. I'm finally getting my car back tomorrow after my "racoon incident" .... :nonono:
-
Frank

Talk about out from the dead! You haven't been around in awhile! :D I'm still set on driving down that Saturday for the June show. I WILL NOT be showing the SVT, but i'll have it and will be there all day. I'm set on going to Carlisle instead this year. hehe

LOL :laugh: Yeah you got that right... I don't really have an excuse other than the video card going up in my comp, so I wasn't online much at all for awhile. Gotta stay away from the forums at work too ... LOL
But I guess I should've posted my f'n racoon story.:blackeye:

Anyways, Yeah that's cool. I like saturday better too. I meant I thought Amyn said was putting car in show or had a buddy putting car in show? .. Either way that's cool.

Did you say AFN is week before OC ? .. that's cool if it is bcuz I know it's usually the same weekend.

Did you say AFN is week before OC ? .. that's cool if it is bcuz I know it's usually the same weekend.

AFN is June 3-5, 2011 this year. I believe the OC show is the following weekend, or the weekend after. I am not positive

Back