• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

long time no post - vehicle change for me!

Toadster

CEG'er
hey CEG'ers - after (gulp) 8.5 years... I sold my Mazda 6!
it's been forever since I've had the SVT - but still miss the stealthiness of the car.

I've decided to get another silver car to replace my trusty SVT, with even more stealth...
The wife and I are flying to Seattle (2/17) to get my new ride.... Mercedes AMG E55 :cool:

images

driving home all weekend :D
I'll probably miss the manual... a little bit ;)

Nice ride Todd! My favorite feature is the push button self closing trunk along with the massive engine!

I picked up a new ride myself about 3-weeks back.

I took a new job almost 2yrs ago in Oakland and was doing the carpool with a buddy in his Prius. He moved on and I had to let the Saab go after 4.5yrs as driving stick everyday in bumper to bumper commute was a grind plus the ••••ty mileage on premium fuel.

And you said WIFE! What?

Next time I'm up in Sac the 4 of us should get together for beers and catch up!

Nice ride Todd! My favorite feature is the push button self closing trunk along with the massive engine!

I picked up a new ride myself about 3-weeks back.

I took a new job almost 2yrs ago in Oakland and was doing the carpool with a buddy in his Prius. He moved on and I had to let the Saab go after 4.5yrs as driving stick everyday in bumper to bumper commute was a grind plus the ••••ty mileage on premium fuel.

And you said WIFE! What?

Next time I'm up in Sac the 4 of us should get together for beers and catch up!

yes, a lot has changed since we saw each other last, hit me up next time you're in town!

Hey Todd! How's the E55? I've been shopping those, but moreso of the C63 and E63 due to the NA big-block and 7-speed transmission. I still have my SVT, but it hasn't moved in 2 years when the clutch let go. I'm planning on fixing the clutch, driving it around, and then figure out if I want to get a big V8 or just rekindle my romance with the SVT.

Hey Todd! How's the E55? I've been shopping those, but moreso of the C63 and E63 due to the NA big-block and 7-speed transmission. I still have my SVT, but it hasn't moved in 2 years when the clutch let go. I'm planning on fixing the clutch, driving it around, and then figure out if I want to get a big V8 or just rekindle my romance with the SVT.

it's simply amazing... it's a real executive car around town, looks pretty subdued around here - yup, another silver benz ;)
but when you get on the gas, it reminds you why it was nicknamed "The Beast" - simply stunning power...

the 5-speed/5.4L Kompressor engine was rich enough for me - Love the E63's - but still quite spendy....

Back