• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stay Inside!

mrrockwood

CEG'er
Anyone's homes on the verge of evacuation? 11 MAJOR FIRES... I can see flames from my window at work and we are still working through them... Anyone else concerned?

Up here in Ventura County the wind is blowing smoke from all these fires...Its like being next to a campfire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Staying inside is the right thing for sure............

My office has closed down due to the fires. I have a few friends that have evacuated in the San Marcos and Rancho Bernardo areas. Be safe and stay off the roads if you don't need to be.

Our office is super quiet with about half away because of the fires. I drove back from phoenix this morning and the smoke from the south looked like a thundercloud, just crazy.

heres a picture from my apartment window and a TV relay station is blowing up in this pic.
P1010169.jpg

Well I work in Malibu. I haven't been able to get to work in 3 days now. All you San Diegans, stay classy. No seriously take care. I know that ya'll are in the worst area.

I hope those of you & your families close to these fires are safe and pray for all of your's continued safety. I put in 15 hours yesterday assisting Fire and PD diverting traffic and road closer to the mountains.

im hopin it doesnt get any closer to me, im 20 minutes west of mount st. miguel, thats the mountain that was on fire last night,

Went on Emergency status today 12 on 12 off, whole school district shut down. Had a new fire start in the foothills above Inter state 15 fwy closed it down until noon. Ash is falling like snow from the Arrowhead fire.

My Monday assignment was on the east side of Irvine and about an hour after arriving we were evacuated. Tuesday's assignment was in Fallbrook. The client called me at my hotel last night and told me they were shut down. Smoke everywhere. Really heavy on my drive from Temecula to San Diego. I'm catching a plane tonight to San Jose. Maybe I can get a breath of fresh air.

This is by far the worst fire season I can remember. I hope I never see one like this again.

Jim: You are right....We have fires every year but the last major ones was back in 2003, but even those were small compare to whats going today.......

Also keep in mind... its southern California.... we do NOT have an off fire season. Due to the weather there is VERY limited we can do to fight this.

Back