• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

November Meet?

svtracer214

CEG'er
Any chance for a meet in mid-November somewhere in the San Fernando Valley (I am open to other ideas)? Hopefully more than three cars this time.

unless its closer to SD i cant make it cuz of work and school and im also goin to be in san fran for thanksgiving

I believe there are a couple of people who are in San Diego so I would not mind splitting the difference if we could get a good group together (us Valley Folks could even drive down together).

Any suggestions for a half way point - Irvine? Is there anything to do in Irvine? Any fun drives? Speak up OC people!

I think Saturday, November 10th or Saturday, November 17th would work. Last time Sunday wasn't too popular because of church commitments.

Let's leave this thread to develop a plan, then start a seperate thread with actual details. Chime in and vote for stuff to do so we can start that thread by November 1st for a great (wishful thinking) turn out.

we could meet in temecula. its kind of the halfway point from san diego to LA. im meetin recoveryone there. sunday would be the best day for me but i would be willing to get a day off and do a meet on saturday.

No idea where Temecula is, but 111r and I can drive there together (would your brother go also?). What is there to do around there? Any cool crsuising roads?

we can also hit up k1 in ontario and race some karts for fun. but i'm pretty much down for anything.

No idea where Temecula is, but 111r and I can drive there together (would your brother go also?). What is there to do around there? Any cool crsuising roads?

I did some road repair work in the mountains back in 04 (just west of Temc) Santa Rosa area. Not sure if there are any spots to stop once your up there. It takes you up the back side of Camp Pen live fire ranges :eek:.

No idea where Temecula is, but 111r and I can drive there together (would your brother go also?).

my bro doesnt want anything to do with meets... i guess you gotta ask him why :shrug:

probably like 1.5 hours or so give or take for traffic for us, kyle.

Temecula is way too far. I'm there tonight. I'm facing about a three hour drive home tomorrow afternoon.

Mile Square Park in Orange County is about as far as I could consider. I like the idea of the San Fernando Valley. It would need to be a Saturday for me.

To be fair I would agree with a SF valley meet since the last one was out my way. And the post about the Fab Ford thing in April in the OC would make it easier for the Diego ppl to come north.

Well it sounds like we might have a decent turn out if we plan for a meet in the SF Valley and try a meet another time with the San Diego folks.

Empty parking lots are tough to come by near me. Any ideas for a place to meet? Maybe somewhere we can grab breakfast and then hit the road. What kind of drive would everyone be interested in.

I have no problem being an instigator to get this trip going, but I am not really the best planner so someone else would need to take the lead on that.

I think we should stick with a Staurday meet (Nov. 10th or 17th work best for me).

Back