• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone know a good shop in San Diego to do a 3l swap on my 98 svt?

Svt#224

CEG'er
I don't believe I have the time or patience to do the swap my self but after seeing how happy everybody is with the 3l swap I cannot resist. Thanks for any input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its just patience thats the issue.. reconsider.. doing it yourself you learn the car really well plus you can know it was done w right with forum knowledge. I live up in WA, I dont mind comeing down to help do a swap once you have all the parts ready

You are correct patience is the main thing; and that is something I should work on. That is very generous of you to offer assistance all the way down here in San Diego! Have you done the swap yourself? Did you do a hybrid, full 3l, or port matched?

I am leaning towards a hybrid for smog reasons hear in CA. Maybe I can pass the visual if I have the stock heads and intakes...?

On the bright side if you could come down here for the swap you would have one awesome drive taking the PCH all the way down!

haha I would fly down.. but no I did a straight swap 2.5 L to a 2.5L .. once the engine is prepared its the same process to install as 2.5L.

yea no matter what it will look stock

I'm currently doing a 3l port match in my CSVT. I'm about an hour away from San Diego. Its been pretty straight forward so far. Lots of good info here on the forum. Have you found an engine yet?

Have not found an engine yet. How did you find yours? CL? I am looking for one with less than 30k miles and one that is clean. I know that is probably hard to find but I will be patient until I find the right one.

You must be up in Orange County? Would love to check yours out when you are done.

actually I'm out near Temecula area. much closer than orange county. I'm dropping the engine back in this weekend. the guy i bought mine off of still has another one. mine had 80k on it and i paid $500 delivered to my house. i can put you in contact with him or give him a call for you if you would like. they came out of crashed escapes. both where 2004's he even threw in the full wiring harness, and accessories i wanted. very nice guy and only about 5 miles from my place. they are getting very hard to find with that low of mileage. let me know!

Thanks for the heads up, I am waiting to find one with less miles than my car... I would love to check out your ride when your done man!

I am staying this winter in San Diego after the racing season ends. If you need assistance I may be able to help. I have done 8 of them on mine and my son's car.

Back