• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What Performance Tires Should I Get? *FAQ*

I was just wondering if 205/45R16 would work on E1s.

They would be REALLY small. The 215/50 stock is too small IMO, and these are 1.20" smaller in overall diameter, and .4" narrower than the already small 215/50. I like 225/50R16 myself on an E1, and that's what I have...until my FSVTs arrive. Right now I am running a 205/55 for the winter.

?Quick Question what about 215 45 16 falken azenis tires is that size good i wanted more of a WIder tire like the widest i can get with out rubbing any recommendations?

Saw that the Falken 512s were considered ok. Got some for my SVT cause they were SUPER cheap. I don't think they are all seasons, but I still wanted to try them.

I have never driven a car in so much snow with so much traction and control. They are very good in the rain too imho. They do wear quickly, but they have been quiet. It looks like I'll get about 20K-25K miles out of them, then I will get another set unless the newer 912s are a better deal.

Until a defect occurs, Falken is now my brand.

Hmm.. Ziex-912, haven't seen that before now, but looks good. I had Ziex-512's on my wifes Intrepid, and they did seem to wear out pretty fast (~20,000 miles). I then put Kumho KH11's on, and they're wearing very well, and have a decent sidewall and rubber compound (can handle pretty well).

yeah the 512s don't last long at all. I bought a new set for my old car. and they only lasted for about(really pushing the tread), 25k.

tyres

tyres

i tried 215 50 17 they rub wheel arches and innerwing droped to 205 50 17 speedo spot on up to 90 but reads low above 100 bearing in mind my lowered suspension and also mayor ken`s bent on road humps aka speed humps

i tried 215 50 17 they rub wheel arches and innerwing droped to 205 50 17 speedo spot on up to 90 but reads low above 100 bearing in mind my lowered suspension and also mayor ken`s bent on road humps aka speed humps
ummmm, what?:confused:
I think I kind of follow what he's saying... so here it goes...

If you run any truck sized tire... it will, of course, rub! Get appropriately sized tires and you won't have any (or minimal) rubbing issues. Those 215/50-17's probably were offroad knobbies... even that 205/50-17 is pretty tall (and skinny).

I'm gunna go ahead and disagree with what Phil said about ZE-512's. My car had 2 sets of 502's, and a set of 512's before I switched to Kumho (money was the problem...), and they were absolutley GREAT tires. They last for a relatively long time (taking into account the compound, mine still went 70-85K with almost religious rotation), and stick very well for a long-distance performance tire. I had them on stock GL 15's (the twisty 5-spoke), and my father and I were extremely happy with them. I will rate them a solid A. It would have been an A+ if they had any use at all in the snow.

Great guide BTW, I just had that one comment:cool:

Needs more 225/45/17.

Nothing looks better than the stock wheels. I've got mine wrapped in a quartet of Dunlop Direzza DZ-101s in the stock size, 215/50-16, and love them. :cool:

Back