• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Polished E1's???

flip4eva83

CEG'er
Ok so ive got a bad itch that needs some scratching. Im really wanting to change up my rims. Im about to replace my tires so I figure perfect time to change up the rims. Problem is I dont have a budget to include rims with a tire purchase (and by that I mean im married to a frugal woman, some of you will understand). Anyways, just curious to see some E1's polished up since that would only cost time and a few bucks on supplies. Ive seen the polished FSVT rims and Im digging the look, just havent seen any E1's...

There must be a set or two out there that have been polished, try using the search feature to find some pics. Considering how awesome the chrome E1's look I bet polished would look great. One thing you will likely run into if/when you start polishing E1's is that under the paint/filler the aluminium has a textured finish(As most cast and painted wheels do) Just be prepared to spend some time on them. If you have a bench grinder with polishing wheels you could save a lot of time.

On a side note, glad to see another CSVT in OK, welcome!

Back