• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone run 225/55/16

FastFord

Hard-core CEG'er
I am curious if anyone has run 225/55/16 tires on the stock SVT wheels with stock suspension? I know plenty of folks run 225/50/16 tires but couldnt find anyone with 225/55/16. Looks like they would be almost an inch taller.

I ask because I am buying new tires for the SVT soon and I found a good deal on some Falken PT 722 tires but they dont come in the 225/50 size. I dont mind doing some trimming etc but I do need to keep the fender liners.

I run a 215/55-16 snow tire, which is terribly tall, but good for its intended purpose. There is barely room to slip my fingertips between the tread and the bottom of the front spring perch on the strut. Depending on the tire manufacturer and a bunch of other variables, you would expect a 225/55-16 tire would be about a 1/2" larger in diameter than 215/55-16, so I'd check real carefully for clearance to that front spring perch.

Sounds like they most likely wouldnt fit then, I dont want to run the risk of them rubbing real bad in the back too since they would be wider, thanks for the info.

Back