• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Polished E1s?

95_Mystique

Hard-core CEG'er
Just wondering, has anyone ever tried to polish a set of E1's. Just sitting here and thinking, and though it might look good on my car, but not sure if i could get em to shine.

Lots of work to do that. Your arm will fall off lol but anyways, there's a few pictures roaming around somewhere of chrome E1s, and from that, it'd look good. Just, if you have the time, go for it.

Ave price for chroming wheels is around 1500 bucks. Theyd look good. But honestly is it worth the time and effort, when buying new wheels that look better isnt that spendy.

If you clear over the polished face, all that hardwork will look dull. You should never clear over polished, unless you really don't care for the shine as much and don't want to maintain it. Polished requires a good maintenence level to keep the shine, otherwise, it'll dull.

i polished my ST200's. it was a TON of work, but well worth it in the end. looks so much better than chrome IMO. i hit them with nevr-dull once a month to keep them nice and purdy

Back