• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anyone Using Wheel Spacers

hanknum

New CEG'er
I have been considering putting some wheel spacers on my 2000 CSVT. Anyone have any experience with these? What is the widest you can go without any rubbing issues (stock ride height and wheels & tires)? Does anyone have any before and after pix? Anyone have any they want to sell?

Thanks

Henry
'00 CSVT
'78 308 GTS
'02 C320 Wagon
'03 SV650s

I have 3mm spacers on my car. Barely noticeable difference. My wheels have like a 40mm offset or something like that, I should've went with 5mm. But I wasn't going for a gay-homo-wheels-6inches-wider-than-the-car look, I just wanted the wheels to fill out the wheel wells nice.

Back from the dead again. I just picked up some 1/4in wheel spacers for my 2000 SVT with Euro Focus wheels. Will I be able to run this size with the stock studs? Or will I need to do something different. I think 1/4in is between 6 and 7mm.

You will be ok with stock studs. I made a thread in the wheels section about a year ago. Check it out.

I ran napa extended studs with 1/4 spacers, wasnt too sure if stock studs would be okay. worked out good...but its sort of a fake extended stud. The thread length is exact same, just the shoulder was longer

Same here, I am running 1/4 spacers but I am getting 6 full turns on my lug luts with stock wheel studs. Any more than 1/4" you should use longer studs.

Back