Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubular front lca interest check

2 days ago #1
    I am designing a tubular control arm for the front for my car. And I figure out ask you guys maybe I can make a few sets if there is enough interest.

I've been debating between 2 designs.
    Option 1: Stangkiller design with the factory ball joint attached to knuckle. And 2 rod ends on the inside.
    Or
    option 2: rod end on the outside also. This would require a rod end to knuckle taper adapter to be machined.

Anyone? I'm thinking about 5 sets
    1999 Mercury Cougar Full 3.0L MTX
    236HP

funny you mention this, I need my lower control arms done!

Comment

I’d potentially be interested, if the wife approves. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

there gonna be between 2 and 400 bucks, the cheaper ones will def be the ones with bolt in ball joints. probably around 2-250 for those. guestimate. i just bought 6 tubes to make them and that alone was 100 bucks so, its gets pricey fast
        236HP

Comment

i would also need down payments at least so i can start them, so i know i have people interested
          236HP

Comment

Id be in for a set w/ factory ball joint. Can put a deposit down whenever youre ready
            2K 2.5L SE sport SVT goodies. Died on 11-24-10. Parting out in classifieds
            Nick

Comment

ok. i have about 3 people interested. ill make myself a set and we will see after that
              236HP

Comment

So the way I have to go about this is make a few parts from a machinist. Going to cost $350 a pair most likley. I ordered enough for 5 sets. Taking $100 deposits now. If somehow it doesnt workout refunds will be sent out
                236HP

Comment

I guess nobody's interested. I'll be making 1 set for myself then. Deadline is tomorrow night. I know I dont have one made but it will look very similar to stangkiller Lca's
                  236HP

Comment

Dang a few months shy of making the dead line :-(. Would have been interested for sure too. Perhaps you can appease some of the FB band people. I dont know if you had posted their or not but my tapatalk doesn't seem to notify me when things are posted from the .ORG
                    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Comment

Count me in as another interested party. I realize it's after your deadline but if you reopen let me know and I'll send a deposit
                      1998.5 Black SVT (#4866) (04 3.0L T)
                      1998.5 Black SVT (#5684)
                      1999 Silver Frost SVT (#????) (3L)
                      SOLD - 1998.5 Diamond White Pearl SVT (#4725)

Comment

Working...
                      X