• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon fiber

crackerican69

Veteran CEG'er
I went to a local shop today to see about having some fiberglass pieces made up for my car. Me and the shop manager took what should have a 15 minute conversation, and turned it into close to an hour. During the conversation, we had discussed a few things related to my projects, his work, and what his capabilities were. He is in the process of opening a secondary shop strictly for custom work. So I thought to myself ”what would other people want?” Then I asked the all important question...”Do you do, or know anyone, who does carbon fiber work locally?” He answered ”YES!” I know it.will be pricey to do certain things (hoods especially), but ran the idea past him about a possible ”group buy” and if he would be interested in getting involved with something of that.magnitude. He said he would have no problems with it at all.

So here is the question....

WHAT WOULD YOU WANT IN EITHER FIBERGLASS OR CARBON FIBER????

I thought this would help people out with, say, a Mirko splitter, or possibly a CF trunk with NO lip spoiler, interior pieces, or even an overlay for the bottom rear bumper!!!

So what would you want??

Here is a list of simple, easy, and relatively cheap things to have done.

1. Mirko splitter
2. Interior pieces
3. Rear bumper diffuser cover
4. Headligh bezels
5. Eyelids
6. Aussie shade (would need a temporary donation of one)
7. IMRC cover

Im going to let this simmer over the weekend. See if it gathers more interest. Ill check on monday about prices. at this point right now, it will be

3L water pump belt cover
Interior pieces
IMRC cover
Some form of splitter

I will ask about different colors as well.

I had a powwow with Eric and reran the idea. He is still down for it. Doing small things first, just to get a feel for quality/price. It will a couple weeks for an estimate, as he will be representing his shop at SEMA! He will get me prices upon his return. As soon as I know, you guys will know. If all goes well with this, maybe it can progress into hoods, fenders, trunks, etc...

What kind of deal would I get if my Aussie shade is temperarly donated? The thought of removing it from the car makes my stomic turn but I am considering it because I would love to have a original and a carbon fiber Aussie shade:drool:

What kind of deal would I get if my Aussie shade is temperarly donated? The thought of removing it from the car makes my stomic turn but I am considering it because I would love to have a original and a carbon fiber Aussie shade:drool:

I will PM you an option for the Aussie shade.

CF IMRC cover

CF Miror bases

CF sail panels

I have yet to get back in touch with him. I've had a lot of issues outside of the Contour world. It got me all sorts of messed up. However, the when I spoke to him last, we had discussed these things. I have to get a hold of an extra set of mirror bases and a blank IMRC cover (had one the last time at the yard, but somehow misplaced it).

Fiberglass and/or carbonfiber. Sunroof motor covers. Getting harder and harder to find and with my part out i had atleast a dozen inquires about one. They will sell.

I want a carbon fiber imrc cover pm me a price when u get it please.

Back