• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

'97 Mystique dash into a '00 CSVT

BiggityBon

CEG'er
For all of those wondering whether or not to do this; it is possible!

A buddy of mine works at a body shop, and he found a prairie tan dash out of a wrecked 97 CONTOUR. So tonight, he and my boyfriend ripped out my dash (2000 CSVT) and put the new one in. There are a couple minor cosmetic differences (the pass. side vent) and the obvious defroster vent...but everything went in PERFECTLY!! We weren't sure at first if the '00 gauge bezel was going to fit, but everything worked out. The best part about this whole deal: I got an a MINT condition leather tan steering wheel and the whole dash assembly for FREE!!!! Yes, that's right, FREE :) No monies were involved in this transaction :shocked:

Women are always good at finding the bargains :laugh:

I'll have pics as soon as my friend decides not to be lazy!!

Last edited:
Theres no way it came from a Mystique if you used the 00 Contour bezel.

I'm going to say you used a 97 Contour dash.

Yes, it's tan. Same color as what was in my 'tour.

And yes, Tony, the dash did come out of a 97 mystique. And the bezel does fit. As soon as I can get a hold of my friend I will post pics of the swap!!

Well it's definitely not a Mystique dash, w/e car it came from.

95-98.5 Mystique had the dash below, while 99-00 switched over to the warping Contour dash.

1051355389.209247861.IM1.08.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Well excuse me for being fed the wrong information!!!!! sheesh LOL

So they thought it was a Mystique.....now he says it was a Contour b/c the air bag from the steering wheel said FORD on it. MY BAD :eek: Whatever it is, I will have pics. All I know is that I used my original bezel and airbag. Guess I shouldn't trust info other people tell me from now on, until I see it in person!

LOL No worries. I wasn't trying to be a pain. ;) :eek:

I knew there was no way it was from a Mystique. A Mystique dash would fit with no problem, BUT you would need everything else to go with it (bezel, HVAC, center console, etc.).

Takes about 2-3 hrs to remove. About 2 to go back depending and how much plastic you want to break. :D Bloody knuckles suckzors.

your just putting a pre98 contour dash into a post 98 is all. it's been done! leme get my pic up

IMG_0770.jpg

there ya go. yeah, i got the correct shifter bezel on the way....

your just putting a pre98 contour dash into a post 98 is all. it's been done! leme get my pic up

there ya go. yeah, i got the correct shifter bezel on the way....

I know it's been done before! LOL I was just commenting on it b/c some people spend lots of money to get a dash fix, or w/e else they do. I didn't have to pay a DIME :) That's really the only reason I posted. Figured it would be worthwhile to let the new people know it can be done :)

I still have my '00 console though. I didn't like the look of the pre-98 in mine.

Tony, thanks for posting the pic of the Mystique dash. Now I realize the differences between them!! I never saw the car mine came out of, so I just took the b/f's word for it. Maybe that's why he works on Chevy's and not Fords??? LOL

LOL No worries. I wasn't trying to be a pain. ;) :eek:

I knew there was no way it was from a Mystique. A Mystique dash would fit with no problem, BUT you would need everything else to go with it (bezel, HVAC, center console, etc.).

you know if I made a mistake like that, I have a GOOD feeling you'd treat me differently Tony... :s

HAHA!!! That is so true. At least he was polite about it!!!

I really need to tell my friend to get up off her lazy butt and get me some pics!! If I wouldn't have just needed to spend $80 on a new battery, I'd be buying myself a digital camera!!!

OK, I finally got pics. I could've sworn I got a final pic, but obviously I didn't. That'll have to be at a later time!

This is my old dash.....warped up about two inches or so...
IMG_0840.jpg

This is after
IMG_0833.jpg
taking it out.....

And this is the "new" dash that took its place...
IMG_0839.jpg

Oh, and a random pic I took before we disconnected the battery...anyone ever seen this kind of corrosion before???? I ended up replacing that cable tonight!!
IMG_0834.jpg

Does anyone know where I can pick up a tan pre 98 console? I really like the continuous flow from the console to the dash. I don't know what I'd be willing to pay yet, but I'm just looking into it for now. Is it an easy replacement? Do all the mounting holes match up?

Does anyone know where I can pick up a tan pre 98 console? I really like the continuous flow from the console to the dash. I don't know what I'd be willing to pay yet, but I'm just looking into it for now. Is it an easy replacement? Do all the mounting holes match up?

I think your thinking of a mystique... that wont work.

so you're saying I won't be able to mount the mystique console like the one on the previous page in my 99 csvt. It looks like he has a mystique console on an svt. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Back