• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Are OEM rotors inner hub diameter bigger...

starjammir

Hard-core CEG'er
Than aftermarket ones? I picked up a duralast or w/e they are and the inner hub part does not fit my rear hub like the OEM one did. It seems to be smaller than my OEM one. I tried to grind it down for a few hours with no luck. Lemme know

well theres your problem, you got a cheap autozone product ... I always buy american made rotors and never had fitment issues ...

This is for the warmonger brake kit. I was trying to put the svtc front rotor on the back. The one side keeps wobbling and I replaced the hub so the only thing left is the rotor. So I dunno if its a fitment issue or not.

ah, I think there was something in the instructions about clearencing the rotor hat but I don't recall exactly off hand ... i would have to think that the front hub is larger then the rear hub and not vis a versa .... but then again it could be the cheap rotor ...

That was something mentioned with the instructions for the Warmonger kit. That the inner hat area of some aftermarket rotors had more material and required more sanding to get them to fit over the rear hub.

By the way, an alternative is to reduce the diameter of the hub instead of enlarging the hat.

Back