• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake Question

LGR Mystique

CEG'er
I posted a thread before about "Leaking Brake Fluid" i'm not sure if i was correct but now everytime i go in my car i have to add brake fluid. The fluid is always low. Anyone know why?

Since my crystal ball is broken, only an ispection of the car will tell you what you need to know. It could be a leaking caliper, wheel cylinder, master cylinder, brake line, or who knows what.

I posted a thread before about "Leaking Brake Fluid" i'm not sure if i was correct but now everytime i go in my car i have to add brake fluid. The fluid is always low. Anyone know why?

Because its leaking from somewhere. Inspect the brake system through the whole car, and look for where the fluid is coming out. It has to be going somewhere.

Since my crystal ball is broken, only an ispection of the car will tell you what you need to know. It could be a leaking caliper, wheel cylinder, master cylinder, brake line, or who knows what.

Because its leaking from somewhere. Inspect the brake system through the whole car, and look for where the fluid is coming out. It has to be going somewhere.
LOL. I love threads like this. Yes, you do have to do some work even though we can help diagnose the problem.

After you find what appears to be the leak, clean it very well, then sprinkle talcum powder and drive for 5 minutes or so. You should then be able to see where exactly where is. Change/fix the item and you should be good to go.

Back