• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake Fluid - How much should I get?

Heywood

Hard-core CEG'er
I am just about to order some ate super blue brake fluid and I wasn't sure how much to get. I looked in the FAQ and the change brake fluid how to. It comes in 1 litre bottles and they are only 12 bucks a go at tire rack. Is one enough? In the cars manual it just says fill to max.
Thanks

You should get 2 to be safe. Flush the system until you get blue out of the bleeder screws, it is best to have the pistons compressed into the calipers as if you were installing new pads. Once you have done that give it about a month and check the color of the fluid in the reservior, if it is discolored or dirty looking flush it again. I had to flush my brake system twice before the fluid stayed nice and clean in the reservior.

It is a little less money at Hoerr Racing Products, plus they have given discounts off this price to local SVTOA members.
http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_prod_id=309_3148&action=product

I've bought my brake fluid there the past two springs. I bought 1 liter of ATE super blue 2 years ago, Type 200 last year (same product but clear), and I'll probably get super blue again this year.

It is a little less money at Hoerr Racing Products, plus they have given discounts off this price to local SVTOA members.
http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?form_prod_id=309_3148&action=product

I've bought my brake fluid there the past two springs. I bought 1 liter of ATE super blue 2 years ago, Type 200 last year (same product but clear), and I'll probably get super blue again this year.

I second HRP. I have purchased ATE from them twice through Ebay and it is always a good expierence. I also second needing 2 cans for a complete flush. You might be able to do it with one but it is always better to have too much than not enough brake fluid.

Back