FSVT rear brake convert question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLASSVT View Post
    I thought I had read that a bigger pad could fit in our stock rear calipers, but seems that isn't the case. You come to expect some compromises when modding these cars though.
    The position of the piston is wrong for a bigger pad, it needs to be central to the whole pad...... you would get uneven pad wear. You could try to find a bigger carrier which comes with larger pads... but the position of the pad to the piston is critical ....G.
    ST24. LPG, 2001 ST200 motor, 65mm P&P'd TB, 80mm MAF, headers, lowered, sway bars and strut braces, 300/278mm brakes, 3.51 FD 3.0L tranny, Torsen, Fidanza.... Vortech nearly completed.

WANTED; Custom gauge guru for ST200 overlay job... pm me..

Comment

Gorman's correct, but most of us will never get the brakes to the points you mention with a daily driver.
      *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
      30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

I bet if people run the dragon or mountain/canyon roads then they could heat them up significantly. I've heard that the fsvt swap is a *****.... what do you need to do exactly in regards to grinding the caliper?
        02 Coug. Limo tint. Fstb. ST200 rstb. Poly fsb bushings. Magna flow muffler and straight piped. EGR delete. Minor weight reduction. 17" Enkie CDR9's with Potenza RE-11a's. Oh and Mitsubishi Evolution VIII seats custom fitted.

Comment

Working...
        X