• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Brake upgrade inquiry

For the smaller, solid rotors yes. The 4 pot calipers are nicer, but for street driving you won't notice the difference. $650 new for the Baer kit is a steal man. I paid that much for my kit from a member here on the forums and thought I made out like a bandit. With the price difference and you can get the calipers powdercoated, or just put it towards the rear PRT kit.

Either way (Baer, Cobra, TCE) you can't really go wrong. For my money I'd just go with the Baer front kit.

Baer kit is $760 shipped, not $650.

Yeah, that's about what I paid. Still a great deal in my opinion. Had I known it was that easy to find a front kit this thread would've been shorter! The guy at Baer said their dual piston calipers would perform as well as the 4 piston Wilwood calipers because they're bigger pistons. Either way, I'm stoked. It will be nice not to worry about having sucky brakes.

Yeah, that's about what I paid. Still a great deal in my opinion. Had I known it was that easy to find a front kit this thread would've been shorter! The guy at Baer said their dual piston calipers would perform as well as the 4 piston Wilwood calipers because they're bigger pistons. Either way, I'm stoked. It will be nice not to worry about having sucky brakes.

Wait, so did you go with the Baer or TCE kit?

I don't know how much work the rears are really doing, but for no other reason than the stock rears look ridiculous and pathetic they're worth replacing.

I lied about that other question being my last. Where is a good source for just buying rear SS lines? I'm finding sets of four from Techna-Fit and Goodridge. Is there a difference in the lines for build date? Some websites seem to think there are.

Goodridge is good stuff. I've had my rear goodridge lines installed. For 7-8years with no problems.

Back