• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt focus brakes

chubbshwc3

New CEG'er
Now I've searched here and online and I'm not finding much and I did just read about contour and cougar interchanging but is there a mounting bracket out there to allow Ford focus svt calliper on a contour knuckle. I've seen what bat has to off and it's out of my price range so I was going to price my own bigger brake kit together because my mystique has really small fronts and I get a lot of fade. And help pointing me in the right direction would be great thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Do you have drums in the rear? If so that's the first upgrade to discs once you have those I'd look at the Cobra brakes 13in rotors Josh sells bracket for the IE Pole120 Just google PRT contour and you'll find his site.

IIRC the SVT Focus front brakes will fit the Contour hub while using the FSVT caliper bracket and spacers.

Copy this into google without quotes: "Focus brake upgrade site:contour.org"

For the fronts, you can use the FSVT calipers (bracket required, so ya have to buy the whole assembly) and rotors with 3mm washers (spacers) and a longer bolt. The first hit from that search has good info and a part number for the bolt.

No drum in the rear but those are next I have slight seeping of fluid I'm redoing the whole brake system but is the bracket for the focus brakes going to bolt right up

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

but is the bracket for the focus brakes going to bolt right up
Yes with a longer bolt and spacers (washers). Do what offthewallds mentioned and search contour.org this has been done many times before.

Another option is the NPG kit where you reuse your caliper/bracket/pads and the FSVT rotor.

Back